Personal View site logo
DJI can leave US consumer drones market
  • 'We have received word that the Spark 2 launch that was scheduled for July 23rd has been postponed indefinitely. An industry insider told us that DJI sent out a memo last week stating: “due to a shift in priorities the July 23 event is now on hold until further notice." Unfortunately, no information was provided explaining the postponement nor was a new date announced.' - DroneDJ

Same thing happened with Phantom line few month ago.

It is rumors going in the industry that DJI will be among second group of US government targets, and that they got warning as early as late 2018.
    DJI can be prohibited to sell any drones in US market and, after short delay, in the EU market, due to security concerns.
    Hence DJI decided to not make big noise and do not make conflict public, as making it public could also harm them on Asia market and other areas.
    They just postponed all releases, hoping somehow that may be it is all temporary. They could not be further from the reality.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Dji is the most unprofessional drone maker in the world. They sell easily but with many bugs...so many bugs. Then they cut the capabilities of our drone month after month. They can bankrupting, I will be not sad.

• The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has expressed concerns that Chinese-made drones could be leaking sensitive data to China. While DJI wasn't named, it is the world's largest commercial drone maker. In 2017, the U.S. Army barred use of DJI's drones. Kleven said the department takes seriously concerns about data. The DHS's warning serves as a reminder of best practices for storing and transferring information.

"We are well aware of the accusations that are being made. It's not something new. There are ways we localize our data so it doesn't go out," Kleven said. "There are ways we don't have to be connected to the internet. We don't have to transfer things over the internet. We can isolate our data within our system. We are confident with that."

https://www.voanews.com/silicon-valley-technology/us-first-responders-welcome-chinese-made-drones-despite-warnings

• I turned off internet connection since 2017 on iPad, so there is not auto update :-) And I hacked deeply my two Inspire 2 with Dumldore and even the Assistant2’s debug mode.

• Full list of out-of-stock items in DJI store

• DJI Spark Controller Combo -- Alpine White
    • DJI Spark Fly More Combo -- Alpine White
    • DJI Spark Controller Combo -- Lava Red
    • DJI Spark Fly More Combo -- Lava Red
    • DJI Mavic Air Arctic White
    • DJI Mavic Air Onyx Black
    • DJI Mavic Air Flame Red
    • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
    • DJI Mavic 2 Pro & DJI Goggles RE
    • DJI Mavic 2 Zoom & DJI Goggles RE
    • DJI Phantom 4 Advanced