Personal View site logo
DJI can follow Huawei soon
  • The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has warned U.S. firms of the risks to company data from Chinese-made drones, according to a notice reviewed by Reuters on Monday.

The notice, titled “Chinese Manufactured Unmanned Aircraft Systems,” warned that U.S. officials have “strong concerns about any technology product that takes American data into the territory of an authoritarian state that permits its intelligence services to have unfettered access to that data or otherwise abuses that access.”

A spokeswoman for DHS’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency confirmed that it “recently released an industry alert providing organizations with information related to the inherit risks associated with using UAS technology manufactured in China and measures to reduce such risk.”

China’s SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd, the world’s largest maker of consumer drones, said in a statement on Monday that “the security of our technology has been independently verified by the U.S. government and leading U.S. businesses.”

Most fun thing here is that system where software controls and record drone data and send it to company had been implemented due to demands of EU and US :-)

US now do not have much strong competitors for DJI but it does not mean that US won't ban DJI consumer drones import.

Another most interesting thing is possible ban of all DJI servers by US and EU providers that can render drones partially useless.

Expect that we will see at least strong threats during summer times.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • An Iron Curtain is being built just outside the Great Wall... for now. Cars from ROK, JPN and EU get a 6 months reprieve, but it did not take long for the threats to flow already,

• Trump: And this DJI Osmo Pocket which is so small, it's a spy cam folks...tells Beijing who your family is, what restaurants you eat at, and where you hang out with friends... if you have friends. I don't have friends so I don't know. Not good!

• not only the osmo pocket....they've got your phone once you activate the pocket !

• @kurth

So definitely need to ban them. Too dangerous.

• @Vitaliy...well...china's doing some weird shxt with all their social score cards. No one's sure how much info they're collecting. And they're certainly using the info they've collected against their own citizens.

• @kurth

Always read with big caution US propaganda stories. China do some nasty things, but if you want to compare it to US largest corporations actions and tracking of their own citizens - it is all child play.

• @Vitaliy...oh ...well, that's from RT !

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Exactly what I was going to say. I love my country but the US citizens are programed to have the shortest attention span on earth. None seem to remember the NSA spying on citizens and using private information to manipulate women into dating and even marrying them. I am sure google is doing it too among many others, and some of their action make the forementioned look innocent in comparison. As for US alternative to DJI, there is Eagletree, if they are smart they are already looking at drone production plan. Maybe the stock to invest in ;)

• haha....why would anyone assume they know my nationality ?? did I put a flag on my post?? ...do I live in the US, or read only it's media ? NOT hardly. https://rtd.rt.com/stories/society-of-tomorrow-or-police/ ....and @mee ....nsa manipulating women to marry them spoof....lol...give me a link ! ! While nsa and cia are spying on whoever they want, they don't have a million Uyghur in truth camps...yet. And yes US corporations are tracking everyone...to sell them more shxt they don't need. Truth is....trade wars are bad for the elite, globalist, and materialist, ie consumers, but they're great for freedom lovers. The more disagreements between globalist, the better outlook for freedom, even if it's inconvenient for consumers like yourselves. And thus far, my take on dji is, I don't need any product that needs the permission of the seller to use it after it's bought. That includes software and computers, and everything else. When I buy a car, I get the only keys. It's kinda of a philosophical thing. I do have an old iphone though, but always keep it in airport mode.

• @Kurth, there was allot of news about the NSA abuses, and in fact some of them used spying to learn about love interests they were pursuing which in more than one case led to marriage. This was on national news. I cannot find a direct link to those cases at the moment but will look more when I have time. Similar abuses can be seen here and easily searched. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-surveillance-watchdog/nsa-staff-used-spy-tools-on-spouses-ex-lovers-watchdog-idUSBRE98Q14G20130927