Personal View site logo
Panasonic S1 and S1R Cameras, they have no plan B
  • One thing necessary to understand with Panasonic new bodies is that they are made by desperate Japanese corporation committee.

Now stop and read this 4 last words again - "desperate Japanese corporation committee", each of this words adds its own issues to design and approach.
    This cameras are made by rules, it is also origin of strange screen design as they feared that usual GH5 style screen can make this camera look similar positioned (videoish) to target buyer. And they do not want this.

And as my source told me - Panasonic has no plan B at all. Either they will succeed with Plan A - make premium priced bodies for rich photographers and pension age video guys, or it will all go burst. Management knows that they can't make software features even on Sony level, so all marketing will be focused on premium positioning, status importance and premium Leica lenses. Only good thing is that they also want to include very high bitrate modes, but this is mostly important for people with unnecessary body parts they intent to sell.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • but this is mostly important for people with unnecessary body parts they intent to sell.

Who wants my kidney? I don't need both!

But I need that Panasonic S1

• Sorry this camera is not for peasants

• @retrospective

You want to say "not for descendants of peasants", they are for true blue blood families only :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev. Couldn’t agree more.

• What they are hoping for?