Personal View site logo
Panasonic moved all force to Full Frame bodies, 8K HDR will be announced in March
  • 206 Replies sorted by
  • Details at CES seems unlikely. Photokina is in may.

• Small rumors addon.

During internal meeting alliance members started to worry and used not kind words toward each other. Reason being that none of them want to invest much into media and advertising support for new platform. Original platform idea to make premium brand with prices closer to Leica than to normal cameras is failing. Sigma also not happy with it, as main lure was ability to resell same lenses (they do not plan to make even one original design) at good premium.

It is correct that alliance decided to make next leaks/limited presentations round January, moving it closer to keep any interest.

• If FF was important why has he not been a Sony mirrorless shooter for the last five years?

Panasonic FF seems destined to become a big fail.

Basically everything is vaporware at the moment. Only glossy marketing stuff to keep possible buyers off investing in Canikon or Sony mirrorless in the next 6 months.

• @EspenB Probably trying to keep them away from Fuji as well who have really stepped up there game.

• FF is important for moving to 8k. There aren't even any current 4/3 sensors that can do 32 megapixel still images (as far as I know), much less do them at 24-60 fps. Unless there is some major leap, it is unlikely that 4/3 sensors will go much about 24 megapixels (around 6k IIRC) in the near future (and with fairly poor low light performance at 24 megapixels).

• Panasonic manager Michael Langbehn confirmed the S1 and S1R are scheduled to start shipping this Spring.

Seems like Panasonic want to press competition a little trying to shift shipping as soon as possible (for them), even if it'll be no actual shipping or very small initial batch.

• New interview with Panasonic that had been specially postponed until close to CES

Cameras are specialized for professionals. That is a core target for us but we’re also targeting high-end amateurs and enthusiasts.

As I told.

• Following an announcement at Photokina 2018, Panasonic will unveil additional key features of the new LUMIX S full-frame mirrorless cameras at CES 2019. The LUMIX S full-frame mirrorless cameras and lenses will be available at the end of March 2019.

High Dynamic Range Still Photo – HLG Photo Mode

HLG Photo allows images to be shot with a wider dynamic range. By reproducing both glaring lights and dark shadows that are likely to be overexposed or underexposed, the Lumix S achieves rich, precise color expression as close as possible to visual memory. HLG Photos are produced as an HSP file. The user can play back these vibrant images on the latest Panasonic HLG-compliant 4KTV via HDMI cable connection or other HLG compliant devices. It is also ideal for photographers’ photo presentations.

Stunning Details with a Realistic Sensation High Resolution Mode

Taking advantage of the Body Image Stabilizer. (I.S.) mechanism, eight consecutive images are automatically shot while shifting the sensor. These eight images are synthesized into a single image by the new Venus Engine, which boasts high-speed signal processing. Precise details are faithfully reproduced to be saved as a beautiful, highly realistic image. This mode is ideal for shooting natural landscapes or fine art objects with delicate details.

Considering situations where moving subjects are included in the scene, sub options are available to suppress motion blur, so photographers can use this mode the same as shooting in a normal photo shooting mode.

It looks like they hired ex Pentax engineers and PR :-)

As it is all about stills, as I told.

• Now they also need to implement RAW codec...

• What about raw to NinjaV for GH5s?

• Did they announce date on which they announce the price? :)

• @konjow

Either CP++ or around March.

• We are now 99% certain that Panasonic will have a major S1-S1R related announcement on the days around January 30. This means we will likely get the full specs information and preorder pricing.

Well, may be, but may be not.

• As I recall "EOSHD" mentioned that he has been invited to a Panasonic event in Barcelona at the end of january.

"Panasonic meanwhile have kept the detailed video specs of the S1 and S1R a closely guarded secret so far, but at the end of January there is a major press event which I am invited to in Barcelona. I am not under NDA and haven’t been told anything about what will be revealed there."

sa6702.jpg
    681 x 638 - 75K
  • Millions preorders :) - Shipping in two years ....or maybe when price go by half