774 x 590 - 59K
    sa7553.jpg
    776 x 579 - 58K
  • "To be released in 2019 or later."

Catalog-10-25mm.png
    460 x 568 - 93K

sa7282.jpg
    795 x 587 - 51K
  • Look at the history of all latest good m43 Panasonic lenses.

Extremely long release time. Can be indicator that all engineers are moved to L mount lenses already.

• Latest rumors suggest that this lens won't be shipping any time soon - shipping dates might not even be announced until Spring. Ouch.

sa4855.jpg
    623 x 583 - 49K
  • Of all of my micro 4/3 native primes (I think about 10?), exactly one has an aperture ring. Of my 3 Sony native primes, 0 have an aperture ring. Of my Canon AF prime lenses (3 or 4?) (I think all are "L"), 0 have an aperture ring. I'm not sure that it's as "quite common" as you believe. :)

• @eatstoomuchjam For prime lenses the aperture ring is quite common, but m4/3 zoom lenses most often lack this feature.

• The Panaleica 42.5mm f/1.2 also has a mechanical aperture ring. Some of the other Panaleica lense might as well.

• It has a mechanical iris dial ?! O.O

Wow, that would set this lens appart. Interesting!

sa4824.jpg
    700 x 938 - 74K
  • @IronFilm This will probably be relatively heavy. Consider the existing Olympus 12mm f/2 if you're vlogging handheld and want something with a little shallower DOF than your 8mm. It's super light, really decent quality, and since it's been out for a while, you can find used copies in pretty good shape for under $400 US. I've vlogged with that one and been really happy with it - though most of the time if I'm vlogging with micro 4/3, I just use the Panasonic 12-35/2.8 or the Panasonic 12-60/2.8-4.

If weight and price aren't concerns, consider the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8. It's a pretty gorgeous lens (though I don't love holding it at arm's length on my GH5). :)

• Good questions! But I expect we won't know the answer to either of these until it ships.

• Crucial questions:

[a] On how much software geometry correction does this lens rely? (This could make it unusable on cameras like the Blackmagic Pocket.)

[b] On how much software vignetting correction does this lens rely? (In other words: Is it really an f1.7 lens?)

Besides, Sigma 18-35mm/f1.8 with a Speed Booster is still one stop faster.

• Thanks for making topic - just remember our title format for any lens topics.