Personal View site logo
Boya BY-TM7 Digital Dual Transmitter Wireless Mic System
  • How would like a digital dual transmitter wireless mic system for two people that is reliable and easy to use? With the Boya BY-TM7 all you do is put in the AA batteries, put the mic on you talent, turn on the transmitter and receiver and it does the rest. No setting frequencies, adjusting mic levels and no pairing. Now you are ready to do a two person interview.

I used this system for a lecture that was given in my area for sound support. I put the transmitter on the lecturer and the introducer and the receiver on the speaker system. I had the system on for over 2 hours with no drop outs and very clear sound. The lecturer was able to mute himself until the time he was ready to lecture and the introducer muted themselves after the introduction.

This new digital dual transmitter wireless mic system from Boya is well built with rugged aluminum construction. The system used dual channels that automatically scans channels to pair the transmitter to the receiver when turned on. It uses the transmission method of TDMA. What we get is very clear voice with a high signal to noise ratio.

The use these units, take them out of the nice case that is provided. Put 2 AA batteries in each transmitter. Open the transmitter by using two fingers to push locking release on the battery compartment and it slides open and comes out. The symbols for the direction of the batteries. Close it back up by sliding it back in and clicking. The transmitter is small and weighs 159 grams with batteries. (111 grams without)

Clip the lavaliere mic on your talent and plug it in to the locking connector on the transmitter by turning the ring on the 3.5mm mic cable, clockwise to lock. Do the same for the second transmitter. The mics have small windscreens provided for out door use.

Put two batteries into the receiver which has a cold shoe for mounting on a camera. It has a 1/2 inch hole for mounting on a tripod. To do this, push the back of the receiver up at the arrow and the cover slides open. The AA batteries are the installed in the direction indicated on the battery compartment. Slide the cover back on until it stops and clicks. It weighs 128 grams with batteries. (80 grams without)

The next thing you need to do to be ready to use these units is plug in the proper cable to the receiver. The system comes with two cables, on with a male XLR plug and one with a 3.5 plug on it. On the other end that connects to the receiver is a Mini TA3F XLR connector. Plug the right cable in and the other end into the mixer, PA system, camera or recorder.

Because of the automatic pairing all you do is turn it on. The units tell you that the system is paired with blue lights on the units and on the easy to read LCD display on the transmitters. The transmitters have a big Red Power button on the left side of the unit. Push it in and the transmitter powers on. The LCD lights up and the pairing light turns red. The LCD indicates the battery level and signal strength. It show Tx when not paired. Do the same for the other transmitter.

Turn on the Power switch on the right side of the receiver by pushing it up and the power indicator light turns red. When the unit automatically pair the power turns off and the blue pair light comes on the receiver and the transmitters.

Now you are ready to go. The two transmitters are on the same channel so two people can talk and it will be heard on the audio channel you plug into. The only way not to hear one of the people is to mute that transmitter by pushing the /Pair/Mute switch on it or turn it off.

After the lecture all I had to do is hold for two seconds the Red Power button on the transmitter to power them off. To power off the receiver, slide the power switch down.

If the units don’t pair there is a Pair button on each of the units all you do is push them to repair them.

This Boya BY-TM7 is very easy to use and provides good, clear, reliable sound without much fuss.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • what about the price?

• Yes, I would like to know too. The old BOYA BY-WM8 system is selling for around $200 on ebay. They are up against the RodeLink so I guess it needs to be in that price range.

• Ones I had a chance to test the BOYA BY TM7 prototype. As far I know, this set didn't come to market. So, here is the video: