Personal View site logo
The Capitalism Delusion: Genius and Idealism
  • Fun little film, with naïve and wrong explanations.

Pushing idea of lonely genius and revelation comes from idealism.
    And idealism lies in foundation of every exploiter class views.
    Idealism is opposite to materialism and thus to science.
    Yet capitalists ruling class can't survive without idealism, hence it pushes it even with great damage of progress.
    Ruling class try to buy himself slightly more time by any means possible.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Ehhh... seems almost pseudo-religious to me. This overall idea here seems almost diametrically opposed to evolution and biology in general. Brains are just biological computers. Allot of this stuff will be mapped by neuroscientists in the next decade or so...

https://today.duke.edu/2017/02/creative-people-have-better-connected-brains

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2013.00330/full

• @bwhitz

What exactly is "pseudo-religious"?

This short film is about real problem spotted, just explanation is, unfortunately made from same idealistic position. Just because authors had been brainwashed by same guys who push geniuses idea.

As for brain functioning, do not worry I know it quite well and read a lot of scientific stuff on it for years.

• It's good to see that you guys are well ahead of the rest of the human race in the understanding of the human brain. LOL!

• @caveport

Read more to get ahead of the pack :-)

• No thanks, I prefer to use my time on earth to be a classless dumb idiot!

• @caveport

You are in powerful minority, they even run US now :-)

• With the world becoming increasingly 'efficient' at economic activities, The overall specialness of human activity will continue to decline in value. The efficiency in leveling forests and wiping out megafauna will continue to increase

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Well, the video sounded like it was making a "tabula rasa" argument... which I believe is a pseudo- religious concept. i.e. Magical blank-brains that are all the same! Or maybe it just seemed like it, since it was being similarly idealistic like you said. there are allot of factors in the creation of things... but the claim that there are no "genius" is a really weird position to hold (not that you do, just saying in general) when considering the mechanics of evolution and general biology. There are going to be mutations that lead to extraordinary IQ or aptitude at certain things. I don't think it's "some magical" force though.

@caveport

It's good to see that you guys are well ahead of the rest of the human race in the understanding of the human brain. LOL!

Yes, I cam the Chancellor of human-brains.

• i.e. Magical blank-brains that are all the same! Or maybe it just seemed like it, since it was being similarly idealistic like you said. there are allot of factors in the creation of things... but the claim that there are no "genius" is a really weird position to hold (not that you do, just saying in general)

Brains are not the same.

Just point is that changes to brain you can do during life and education are much more important.

• @ Vitaliy_Kiselev

"You are in powerful minority, they even run US now :-)"

I'm fairly certain that is the impression the true owners of the USA want us to believe. As far as I can determine the USA is still run by the same old clans.

"Just point is that changes to brain you can do during life and education are much more important." This I fully agree with!