Personal View site logo
Panasonic GH5S GH5 S, 4K Video Edition
  • 533 Replies sorted by
  • Official presentation now rumored to be delayed until CES in Vegas.

• @Scot Much has been said about the famed fuji color science. so I've finally decided to check out XT2. Surprised! I found the 4k footage of Olympus EM1ii more pleasing to my eyes. So if you don't care that much about video, may be should check out that one as well.

• @cindy6 lol well as always it has more to do with the cinematographer and I have seen total crap and things of beauty from all the major players. I've even seen total inexplicable crap come out of Alexas so I would do a lot of looking before making any harsh judgements. That being said it is more than color science and it depends on the individuals need. Not all of us need everything the GH5 or future variants have to offer in video. Some want things Panasonic seems incapable of delivering. One of the things I like about the potential Fujifilm camera is it's larger sensor in partnership with it's reasonably priced and well regarded primes. The m4/3 sensor size makes one want to gravitate to very expensive wide aperture primes that are hard on the budget. Don't get me wrong I have owned Panasonic cameras since the GH2 and think they have done wonders thanks to a fire put under there ass by personal-view starting with the GH1. That fire of innovation is burning brightly and others like Fujifilm want to join the party Panasonic should take the competition very seriously.

• */% uck fuji film.

• Da one started the fire burned all big ass is a fan of fujifilm camera -;)

• possible specs from 43rumors

• 10,28 m43 sensor
    • 12 fps serial shooting ISO: 160-51,200
    • 1/8,000 shutter from G9
    • 1/16,000 electronic shutter
    • 1/250 flash sync
    • 1,62mdots LCD touchscreen
    • Same old 3,68mdots OLED EVF
    • 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
    • Panasonic DMW-BLF19PP (GH5 one)
    • Two memory card slots
    • 4K photos
    • HDMI Type A and USB 3.1 connectors
    • 138,5×98.1×87.4mm
    • Dust-proof and splash-proof body
    • $2499 price
  • More stuff

• C4K at 60p, 150Mbps, 4:2:2 10 bit Long GOP
    • 1080 at 240fps
    • 10Mp sensor with up to 100.000 ISO
  • So bottom line: 10-bit 4K/60, 240fpsHD, low light monster

What do photo features even matter with 10mp, this is not for hybrid shooters

• Wont 4k/60 @ 10/422 look fairly poor @ 150Mbps? Does that type of data require something in the 300-400 Mbps range?

• 4kp30 looks great on the GH5 in 150 megabit h.264. If the new camera records with h.265, that would allow for better quality at 4kp60. Also, there are some schools of thought that the frame-frame deltas are smaller at higher bitrate so a good codec can get by with less bandwidth.

• Also, there are some schools of thought that the frame-frame deltas are smaller at higher bitrate so a good codec can get by with less bandwidth.

For 60fps increase of necessary bitrate is really small, especially for static camera or smoothly moved. Plus if you don't want to make heavy grading :-) Actually 60fps makes encoder work simpler, as changes are smaller and easy to track.

• From 43rumors: "TC in/out"

HELL YEAH!!!

This is big BIG NEWS!!

Hasn't been a feature for Panasonic MFT stills cameras ever before, with the one exception of the GH4 YAGH.

• More specs from 43rumors

• 10,28 m43 sensor
    • 12 fps serial shooting, but only RAW 12bit, 10 fps with 14bit
    • 1/8,000 shutter from G9
    • 1/16,000 electronic shutter
    • 1/250 flash sync
    • 1/25 – 1/6,000 video shutter
    • UHD and C4K at 60fos, 150Mbit max, 422 10bit
    • 1080p180 and 1080p240 modes
    • 1728-zone multi-pattern metering system
    • 1,62mdots LCD touchscreen
    • Same old 3,68mdots OLED EVF
    • 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
    • Panasonic DMW-BLF19PP battery (GH5 one)
    • Build in stereo mikes
    • Monaural speaker
    • Two memory card slots
    • 4K photos
    • HDMI Type A and USB 3.1 connectors
    • Remote, TC in/out
    • 138,5×98.1×87.4mm
    • Dust-proof and splash-proof body
    • $2499 price
  • It seems there will be no hdr with two exposures merged, nor dual native iso.

Maybe it will be only the megapixels difference.

• I don't see much of an improvement over the GH5 specs, but I'm hoping for a greater dynamic range. If we can get 14 stops, then we'd have a mini Arri in our hands for $2500.

Also haven't seen any mention of an anamorphic mode for this new camera. Frankly, I was hoping to use that 6K potential, too.

If this new camera has a pro-level dynamic range and that anamorphic capability, I'm sold.

• If sensot technology is the same, so dynamic range will be the same.

Unless they use Varicam sensor technology.

• why there is no Multiaspect sensor in it? Is it left for GH5M for ¢3000? :)

• The Panasonic GH5s will be announced on January 8 at 10am PT time.

sa1202.jpg
    686 x 681 - 51K
  • So, let's hope for firmware 400mbit all intra 422 10bit on update.

If this could be hacked.... I wonder if it Could make 14bit H264/5. Sensor has a back prosessor since it's bsi staked. Should this help?

• Luke Neumann, which had one for testing, said that "It is not firmware".

• Of course it is not firmware :-) It is also red button and other sensor :-)

• No surprises. Via Nokishita / 43 Rumors.

• It's real, it's alive and it's gonna cost more.

• I like Red Buttons!

Red Buttons