Personal View site logo
Aputure COB 300d LS C300D LED Fresnel Light
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • I really like the product as well as the interviewer. The way he speech is very understandable for the non native English. Congratulations!!

• IBC Photos, Interviews soon

s1067.jpg
    800 x 559 - 70K
    s1068.jpg
    800 x 587 - 67K
  • Aputure 300d (daylight version), measurement using Lisun, Russian Lab processing

We cover spectrum, color temperature, and all modern color quality standards, including latest 2016 and 2017 years ones.

Never select light based on just CRI number.

Focus on TM30 and CIE 224 and look for color distortion and Rf values.

Aputure 300d is good light with proper color temperature, light quality is very good and suitable for videos.

Color temperature

CRI color quality

CQS color quality

TLCI 2012

TM30 color quality

TM30 details

All TM30 color samples Rf values

CIE 224 2017 (Rf = 92)

s1117.jpg
    800 x 445 - 33K
    s1116.jpg
    800 x 396 - 53K
    s1118.jpg
    662 x 491 - 53K
    s1119.jpg
    656 x 414 - 50K
    s1120.jpg
    788 x 510 - 68K
    s1121.jpg
    800 x 329 - 44K
    s1122.jpg
    461 x 452 - 30K
    s1123.jpg
    800 x 270 - 64K
    s1124.jpg
    750 x 591 - 65K
    s1126.jpg
    794 x 375 - 42K
    s1125.jpg
    508 x 502 - 44K
  • Moving post by @AKED here

Official launch day now

Here you find the promo video about it:

And here is the link to the website

https://www.aputure.com/products/ls-c300d-1

• Very very slick launch video! Is there an Oscars awarded for product videos? :-P

• Good light, but little expensive and constantly delayed. For smaller studio I think more about pair of Godox 60w fresnels Vitaliy measured.

• For smaller studio I think...

If you're shooting in a studio then blondes will be heaps cheaper.

LED lights have the most benefit when you're on the move and not locked down to one studio location

• Where it gets interesting is being able to use 5 of these on a single 15 amp circuit - compared to one 2K open face taking a 20 amp circuit.

• @IronFilm

If you're shooting in a studio then blondes will be heaps cheaper.

Tungsten lights for small studio is really bad idea now. It'll be hot and you need much more skills because will be dealing with sweating talent (due to heavy IR spectrum in any tungsten light).

• "Good light, but little expensive and constantly delayed. For smaller studio I think more about pair of Godox 60w fresnels Vitaliy measured."

This puts out much more light and is supposed to be very quiet. You can use this with a softbox too. The 60W light is barely adequate for that.

If you have a dark room then you can use lower powered lights no problem, but if you are doing interviews on site bigger lights really help. I've been using a bunch of 672S lights and I'm always looking for more power... Usually I use 2x 672 and umbrella for key, but a lot of times it is not strong enough and I have to go without umbrella, not that great to have that pointing at you without diffusion.

• This puts out much more light and is supposed to be very quiet. You can use this with a softbox too. The 60W light is barely adequate for that.

We use one Godox for now in PV studio, do not see much sound issues from it. And for now no one really made Aputure noise and thermal tests under full long load.

Talk was about small studio as far as I see.

For large can go with

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/17858/falconeyes-cll-high-powered-led-fresnels#Item_3

• Vitaliy - group buy on Falconeyes led fresnels?

Eyeing that 750w

• @bannedindv

We do not make group buys, remember. And 750W is not mass product really, most are sold to companies who lease gear.

• what a horrible flicker in the background. Not the best reference at a light manufacturer's booth

• @peaceonearth

It is very common. Most booths use large rectangle LED lights with flicker and low CRI (sometimes at 50-60). You just do not see it due to proper shutter.

• Aputure 300D Led Fresnel, BIRTV Interview

• First batch sold out now, Amazon will get second one very soon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WP1G65/

• My favorite line: "If I don't have a generator on set for my sound tech to deal with, how do I know he is a pro??"

• When you shoot near a pool, battery is better/safer ^^

More seriously, I read many good posts about this light. But there is anothers that claims it's not reliable. So what's the truth ?

• But there is anothers that claims it's not reliable. So what's the truth ?

It is noisy and reliability is worse as it is two parts product.