Personal View site logo
Still not selling my GH2
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • GH2 still rocks @inqb8tr the 4x4 transform alone (across the whole picture) is of much finer fidelity than most h264 cameras of recent years (which do mainly 8x8, 4x4 for edges only). I still have 3 that I use for HD multicam jobs.

• It is a shame that most 4K content will be watched on handheld devices... kind of like watching 'Lawrence of Arabia' on an iPad instead of in 70mm cinemascope. I've received nothing but compliments about the image quality of my films shot with the GH2 and vintage lenses when projected on the big screen (including some amazing 4K Christie projections). Believe me, in the end your faults are much more likely to be issues related to lighting, framing, focusing, editing, sound, acting, script etc, than image quality. All this thanks thanks to a great little camera and this community. Its funny to see how much we fuss about what we don't have instead of appreciating and fully utilizing what we do have.

• Here is the documentary that we finished a month ago. Shot with two GH2's. Talking heads blah blah b-roll kind of production.

Check out scene with string trio at 6:00, it was shot in a studio lit with several 100 and 200w tungsten skirted chinaballs, 800w readheads with full CTB and gobos for back / rim light, modified tungsten bulbs as practicals in the background, and room was filled with light haze from a machine. It was lit 360 degrees so we could circle around. Virtually no color grading.

• @inqb8tr Nice work. I've always heard good things about Kotor.

• @MirrorMan thanks, nice town, before cruise ships tear it down completely.

Its funny to see how much we fuss about what we don't have instead of appreciating and fully utilizing what we do have.

Totally agree.

• Tungsten is the best foton after carbon arch old tech.

Sensors like it much better than digital light mediums as any light with ekectric balast is.

Tungsten foton behaves better, more rough and rawish than other lights. Bending this kind of light is much dificult and requires more time. But on Gh2 sensor it shines on its own.

I wish 4x4 tranform for gh5 should be a game changer alone on 4k. The prossesor has the power. Even 2x2.

I still use my gh2. Not so much as i used to but it still holds it own on some type of projects when a sure organic soft but detailed ook is asked for. Like fashion films, or narrative with heavy character on image.

Holds better in post that the 4k 4/3 camera the hvx200. Way more. Gh2 codec can be pushed ALOT. On moon t8 and t7 special attention

• Hello, Nick driftwood! I'm very glad to see and hear you! GH2 - Unrivaled camera! Thanks to you and your work with Vitali!

• Guys, tommorow the GH5 arrives. This is the last documentary shot with 2 Gh2 cameras, Nebula patch, HBR mode. Film was finished just two days ago. Gh2 goes to a long due and deserved retirement, but with a bang.

• Looking great inqb8tr! Honestly it's a shame to retire a camera that's capable of producing such a nice images!

• Thanks. We'll see if the GH5 is good enough to replace his great grandpa.