Personal View site logo
Capitalism, Idiotism and AMD GPUs
  • If you are not already aware AMD GPUs are in similar situation to 2014 year.
    In 2014 year 280X and similar cards had been used for Bitcoin mining.

Today it is another similar shit like Ethereum, Zcash and such.

Lot of people are converting energy into entropy.

In reality all this is same as Ponzi schemes, as none of it involves making any additional goods or services, it can rely only in false believe of value. And behavior of people is nothing short of scammers (who use abuse of trust), as if someone believe of this thing to have value (being equivalent) and you exchange it to something that have real value - you perform scam. They also make crime against humanity as this energy (and it is not so small amounts as value of this shitty things is very close to energy consumed to mine them) could be used to do real thing.

It is also interesting how capitalists fight with it. Actually they don't. They just count profits :-)

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • With the rise of GPU 3D Raytracing, high end GPU mining rigs can also be used to convert energy into frames. I am especially looking out for the 16GB Vega AMD GPU's... very nice for 3D rendering.

• With the rise of GPU 3D Raytracing, high end GPU mining rigs can also be used to convert energy into frames. I am especially looking out for the 16GB AMD GPU's... very nice for 3D rendering.

Well, in this case you have at least something to show. Like naked Buck Bunny fucking girlfriend :-)

• I know Big Buck Bunny is open source, but I really didn't know people have used the files for that! :-/

We do have 'something' to show, (even if it isn't exactly what you mentioned), however its kind of the same outcome people are wanting to achieve. Using energy to try and generate cash on YouTube is very similar to Crypto Currency mining. (Albeit Crypto Mining isn't as exciting)

Mainly the examples I have seen rendered (especially on SheepIt Renderfarm) are architectural walkthroughs, title graphics, short films, characters, products (mostly nowadays all products are 3D generated) etc...

If you look at energy spent usage, and largest return on energy investment, one should use Smartphone only for generating YouTube videos, and stay away from 4k! :-)

However things are hardly that simple, as clients always want better outcomes and we actively promote our own 'high end' equipment to gain jobs.

• @alcomposer

Btw, if you consider idea of removing completely so called "free market" and all associated things like advertisements, packaging, etc it is huge energy and time saving.

• I told my dad to buy etherium when it was 7 dollars.. that's about all these cryptos are good for.. an instrument for which you can profit if you get in early. The eventual value crash will be biblical

• System is going really nuts

Ethereum gain is 115% per week, Zcash is 180%.

With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10% [profit] will ensure its employment anywhere; 20% certain will produce eagerness; 50%, positive audacity; 100% will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300%, and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged.

sample281.jpg
    800 x 358 - 34K
    sample282.jpg
    800 x 342 - 30K

AMD’s overall unit shipments decreased -24.81% quarter-to-quarter, Intel’s total shipments decreased -13.91% from last quarter, and Nvidia’s decreased -25.64%.

AMD had been absolutely unprepared to this madness. In reality they could sale around 2-3 times more GPUs compared to 4th quarter even. Looking on that dealers tell.

sample283.jpg
    573 x 353 - 46K
  • What made their stawk price jump from 3 dollars to over 10?