Personal View site logo
This is where we are going

One photo tells it all.

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • Except she is Chinese, sitting on a couch in a 12th floor apartment in smoggy Beijing, riding a virtual bicycle through a 3D rendered version of the European countryside.

• This is exactly where they want us - oblivious to reality and obsessed with fantasy. It's a bleak future unless people start waking up (and I'm not referring to the kind of people that often frequent a site like this).

• Buying this device mother nature is much more beautiful than in reality.

• ...this is where we are....where we're going is far darker

• Hope there is no delay in picture whilst on a bike !

• We'll require virtual reality in order to re-live natural spaces eventually. The world is becoming depleted sphere

• On the bright side this will save so much space in the Soylent Green production facility. No more wasted space in those over sized projection rooms.

• .... and this is how we'll get there..... image

izpddehhb3kpe5ecsxdb.jpg
    1200 x 562 - 1M
  • @caveport

One thing that I find fascinating is that every such solution or futuristic film always include as requirement same unchanged XX century capitalism.

• Predicting the future is a fool's game.

• @caveport Actually it's a well paid profession there called futurists. Alvin Toffler is a well known one. Of course you have to prove your good to get in the game.

• Of course you have to prove your good to get in the game.

You mean author needs to pass some list check like:

1. Prostitutes present in each scene
    2. Lots of idiots around drinking in bars, just for the sake of it
    3. Some couple who hate each other fucking in futuristic analog of Rolls-Royce
    4. Homeless hero looking like bodybuilder champion fights for well being of his daughter with mad billionaire
    5. All of this is written by prostitute writer
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Well not exactly though some prostitutes might have good insight to the human condition : )

• "One thing that I find fascinating is that every such solution or futuristic film always include as requirement same unchanged XX century capitalism."

...what I find fascinating is every idea of capitalism always includes same old unchanged xiv century criticisms !

• what I find fascinating is every idea of capitalism always includes same old unchanged xiv century criticisms

You mean that you just visit us using time machine and otherwise live in 2030 in communists society?
    As idea to wash away capitalism can get to the mind of someone who already forgot how it looks around him.

• @Scot "Actually it's a well paid profession there called futurists. Alvin Toffler is a well known one. Of course you have to prove your good to get in the game."

It might pay well, but it's a fool's game. History is littered with predictions that did not eventuate. Futurists tell us what we want to hear. It's a bit like weather prediction; the further we predict into the future, the less reliable the prediction.

• Toffler sold snake oil, and there were plenty of willing buyers. The trick is not to predict the future, but to change it now. Anyone here seen Plan Nine from Outer Space?

• Not promoting any single futurist it's a simple fact Toffler was a famous one. Predicting the future is part of changing it. Without research and speculating on the outcomes of your actions or the actions of others how will you know what to attempt to change and how? It's a label but the reality is we all have a little futurist in us some get it right more than others. Cinematographers and Writers can show us dystopian futures as cautionary tales and sometimes make people reflect and change attitudes. Of course each individual has there own agenda and opinions a perfect example look at the Global Warming Debate.