Personal View site logo
Nebula 5100 one hand gimbal, now with encoders
  • 68 Replies sorted by
  • @tfinn

Before everything put 3.5kg in one hand and try to hold it for prolonged period :-)

• The GH5 video was posted to https://www.facebook.com/FilmpowerOfficial/. Good for a marketing video, waiting for more examples. If they can even come close to approaching a 5.5 lb weight limit, as advertised, might be hard to pass up.

• @Sph1nxster

It is cool. but do not worry, we'll have videos and more here also.

• Thanks VK. Fair enough...I might still go for it.

• @Spectra

Well, it is good reason why you see "preorder" words here, as only first of them will be shipped in April.

So, topic for now is for guys who are ok to take small risk.

You'll need to wait longer with your approach.

• Thanks Vitaly...

I understand these guys have made several gimbals previously which is why I have seen reports re: the Nebula 4000 etc that had some issues...people weren't happy about the companies response to these problems. This doesn't fill me with confidence, but I will readily hand over my cash if it does what it says it will do...

I regard any new tech items as vapourware until they are released with all features and work as advertised....anyone remember Opalvision on the Amiga - according to the hype it was going to replace an ADO + Quantel Harry etc but did squat.

So if anyone can point me to a test or review of this gimbal it would be appreciated. Thanks.

• @Spectra

It is not their first gimbal.

Controller is standard 32bit SimpleBGC, so all is sound here.

They just used better drives and added encoders.

• @ Sph1nxster....thanks but cant see any info about it on that page...just a photo.

I am very interested in buying this gimbal but am loathe to be a beta tester for this companies products and have read various bad reports on their customer service if anything goes wrong.

Anyone know of any tests that prove the manufacturers claims about its capabilities and quality?

Looks good but looks can be deceiving.

• This person seems to have first hand experience with the unit... might be worth a look for those interested.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008361665662&hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

• @IS2

With such load capacity you can just add weight for balance :-)

• Difficult to say right now. Given the clearance from the motors and the fact the shots show the mark 3 used, i think it will balance that fine

• This won't hold the Sigma 18-35mm and GH4 will it? I mean particularly in the sense that it's not about weight, so much as the ability to balance properly...

• @Sph1nxster By using the Nebula 5100 infrared function, it controls camera of Sony and Canon to start and stop recording.

• If anyone is interested in this gimbal with 2.5kg load ability you can PM me, we have special terms for preorders for PV members.

• Some more info

sample878.jpg
    719 x 416 - 40K
    sample879.jpg
    716 x 413 - 25K
    sample880.jpg
    721 x 416 - 37K
    sample881.jpg
    718 x 418 - 27K
    sample882.jpg
    704 x 437 - 31K
    sample883.jpg
    718 x 413 - 26K
    sample884.jpg
    769 x 449 - 72K
  • As I remember it must work with Sony cams.

• Any information on compatibility of the IR control? The GH series doesnt support IR does it?