Personal View site logo
Expert testimonial recorded in vertical format
  • I am currently producing a video policy series on behalf of the University of Nottingham’s China Policy Institute (CPI) and Institute of Asian Pacific Studies (IAPS).

These are expert testimonials which have been recorded vertically with my Nikon D750. The videos are best viewed in full size on smart phones and tablets.

In the second CPI/IAPS Video Policy Brief Dr Jennifer Y.J. Hsu looks at the role and challenges of Chinese development assistance in Myanmar.

Vimeo:

YouTube:

Do you like this format? Your feedback and comments are most welcome.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • It's just awkward on a computer screen, but on my phone I loved it. Unlike tilting the screen for similar content in widescreen this felt like a video call and the information was directed to ME. This I think can be very powerful in speading information in the egocentric world we're living in right now.

• Thanks @hampuslager! I am glad you liked the visual style. I also think that the vertical format works very well on smart phones and tablets. I learned that on Snapchat vertical videos are watched 9 times more than horizontal videos (see https://blog.hootsuite.com/snapchat-statistics-for-business/). So I do think that there should be considerable demand for this type of content.