• 4K 60, 50, 30, 25fps, 2.7K (16:9) 60, 50, 30, 25fps
    • 4000x3000 30, 25p, 1080P 120, 100, 60, 50, 30, 25p
    • up to 120Mbit modes
    • Voice command technology
    • RAW shooting for stills
    • Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for 4K 30p
    • Live streaming
    • Compatible to all YI 4K acessories
    • USB 3.0 Type-C port (up to 40Mbps speed)
    • Available at https://www.amazon.com/YI-Action-Camera-60fps-Waterproof/dp/B01CW4B2P8/

Full specs https://www.yitechnology.com/actioncamera/specs/id/11

Official!

YI Technology, the leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, today announced plans to unveil the YI 4K+ at CES 2017, the first action camera to capture 4K photos and videos at 60 frames per second (fps). The company also plans to fly the YI Erida drone, the world’s fastest tricopter, for the first time live in the U.S.

“2016 has been a whirlwind of product launches including several new action and home security cameras, the YI Erida drone, our first mirrorless camera the YI M1, as well as an exciting partnership with Google to develop a virtual reality camera rig,” said Sean Da, CEO of YI Technology. “CES 2017 is an important milestone for us as we look to demonstrate our full product line and reveal novelty solutions. As a challenger brand in the changing imaging technology market, we are constantly looking for ways to push the boundaries and set new standards for the global industry.”

Based on the award winning YI 4K, the YI 4K+ is the third action camera in YI’s successful line of high quality and affordable solutions. The faster frame rate of 60fps is double that of competitor’s products and allows for more realistic, high quality video content.

YI will demonstrate its full line of connected imaging technology solutions, including the YI Erida drone, YI 4K+ Action Camera, home security cameras, dash camera, and the professional grade mirrorless camera, the YI M1, at two different locations during CES 2017:

Pepcom’s Digital Experience!: Wednesday, January 4, 7pm – 10:30pm PT, The Mirage Hotel The Sands, Tech West: January 5-8, Booth #46324

To schedule a one-on-one briefing with an executive from YI Technology, please contact: YITechnology@blancandotus.com

• 121 Replies sorted by

Not so good news is that they want to hike price to almost $350.

sample235.jpg
    733 x 541 - 53K
    sample236.jpg
    759 x 551 - 50K
  • This looks like more bad news for GoPro. I wonder how warm it gets running 4k 60 inside a waterproof housing? I want one!

• @kendalloz

Must be cool, as it is 14nm highly integrated chip.

• 4K60p is great. As always, however, no stabilization, not even digital, at that resolution and frame rate.

• As always, however, no stabilization, not even digital, at that resolution and frame rate.

Get the small gimbal finally :-)

• Bitrate info still not available - upto 135 mbps on which mode ?

• @zcream

120Mbit in 4K 60fps mode.

All else will come with reviews soon.

• Even though the Ambarella H2 is capable of H.265 encoding at 2160p60, Yi Technology seems to be sticking with H.264 encoding only, at least judging from the specs released so far.

Does the camera have an HDMI port or just USB Type C?

• @davedv

Check photos on their site ( link at first post), as I remember it has both.

• In the photos on their website, all of the ports seem to be covered up. But I did manage to find this photo elsewhere, which makes it seem likely there's no HDMI port, only USB-C.

A bit disappointing, but not too surprising, as the earlier Yi 4K Action Camera which had a similar design, also lacked an HDMI port.

Yi-Camera-4k-plus.png
    531 x 600 - 141K
  • I would love to test this along with the gimbal.

• PR for US and similar markets

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--YI Technology, the leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, announced today that its highly anticipated YI 4K+ Action Camera, is now available to purchase on YITechnology.com, Amazon.com and Aliexpress.com. The YI 4K+ is the first action camera to capture 4K video at 60 frames per second (fps), setting a new standard for the action camera category with the sharpest and most detailed video capture on the market today.

“Following the success of our YI 4K Action Camera and the overwhelmingly positive feedback and enthusiasm for the 4K+ at CES 2017, we are proud to release what we believe to be the world’s best action camera,” said Sean Da, CEO of YI Technology. “As always, we have listened to all the feedback from our customers, both professional and consumer, to offer the most advanced image quality settings for pros, while maintaining a simple and intuitive interface”.

Based on its award-winning YI 4K, the 4K+ Action Camera features many updates from the previous model. In addition to doubling the frame rate of its predecessor and that of competitors' products, the YI 4K+ is the first camera to use an Ambarella H2 SoC processor, offering a maximum bitrate of 120Mbps. This processor also allows the YI 4K+ to consume extremely low power to maintain battery life (approximately 71 min for 4K 60fps video mode), while still delivering 4K, ultra HD video. In addition, the 4K+ includes Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) support for 4K/30fps and high-quality outdoor audio. A future firmware update will offer live streaming, RAW image format, and voice command technology for hands-free control.

“The future of imaging includes realistic content captured from many different vantage points,” said Alan Bullock, InfoTrends. “The YI 4K+ does just that, providing professional-grade technology in a connected device that’s small enough to fit in your pocket, and for a fraction of the cost of many competing cameras. We look forward to watching how the 4K+ impacts consumer and professional photography and videography, as well as the virtual reality market.”

Some analysts predict the virtual reality (VR) market will reach as much as $162 billion by 2020 (IDC). YI 4K has been a popular building block for developing VR cameras. Google and YI are working together on a Jump virtual reality camera.

The YI 4K+ promises to be a significant upgrade for VR camera solutions.

Accessories

The YI 4K+ is backwards compatible with all the YI 4K accessories including waterproof housing and handheld gimbal as well as the newest model, YI Handheld Gimbal 2.

• Here's a comparison video between the Yi 4K+ and the GoPro Hero 5. To show off 4K 60p, he should have exported to 2160p60 rather than 2160p30.

• Our NAB interview

• Firmware to get a 100Mbps bit rate option.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/838989242858914/?multi_permalinks=1389576994466800&notif_t=group_highlights&notif_id=1496698839281055

I was actually allowed to use the Yi 4K Plus at Cine Gear Expo. I walked around with it on Yi's older gimbal since the new one isn't ready yet. I have all those clips I shot and I see that the bit rate is around 100Mbps so basically the one I used had the newest firmware.

• Walkthrough at Cine Gear 2017 by @PauloTeixeira . 4K 60fps.

• Here's a file that's a little over minute for people to truly see how's the quality since it's not compressed by YouTube. It's one of the clips I took at Cine Gear Expo. https://we.tl/vqtXQbqSgo

• The Prime Day deal was good enough for me to finally buy one of these as my first action cam.

I've been poking around a little and I haven't found anybody who has made an autoexec.ash hack for it yet like with the standard 4k action camera - and I'm assuming (so far) that the memory locations are different since it's a different SoC, but I've at least been able to confirm (so far) that telnet can be enabled using the same trick as the 4k camera

The next step will be figuring out how to decode the memory addresses - it might be possible to crank up the bitrate on this little guy in the pretty near future. :)

• any LUTs for this camera? the only negative I hear from people about this camera is the color shift. I ordered one by the way, should get it any day

• My first attempt to dump memory last evening was a failure - I tried "savebin c:\dump.bin 0xA0000000 l 16777216" in autoexec.ash similar to what people did on older Xi cameras. The only result was that my camera locked up and I had to eject the battery to get it to turn off again.

Sadly, I'm not having much luck finding info on memory locations for Ambarella H2.

• Can just generate file using simple script and try to dump very small areas like 32 bytes.