Personal View site logo
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • I wander what NR setting was used for that "Low light ISO test from Nick..."

I wold love to see a proper ISO test shot from a tripod with all ISO settings properly exposed, standard profile with everything default, in 4K 100 Mb/sec (for having a reference to Gh4 and other cameras). :)

• @fancydancer

It was just question. Can be impossible in hardware or such.

• I think someone mentioned here 4 track audio recording. I think it would be a really cool feature and could be done with firmware update. GH5 XLR Adapter + 3.5mm Mic input = 4 channel audio.

• GH5 does not show exposure info when using auto exposure. Nick Driftwood said that in a GH5 chat. I hope they will fix it for final FW.

GH5 has auto iso in M with EV comp but it wont show what iso it is using. Weird?

GH5 will show all exposure info in 5.2k video. Makes no sense.

• Low light ISO test from Nick...

Go to Vimeo and download the 4K version to get an accurate assessment.

• Thank you VK for hosting the PV GH5 chat with Nick =) I downloaded the transcript & it answered many of my questions.

Nick and members who participated are more responsible for this :-).

Nick promised to answer all questions missed later and post all answers.

• Why is all IPB gop?, no intra at a starting point with.gh5??

• Thank you VK for hosting the PV GH5 chat with Nick =) I downloaded the transcript & it answered many of my questions.

• Interesting view on the GH5 by a Sony guy:

• ISO tests...

• all long gop!!!! all long gop!!!! all long gop!!!!

FUCK

EDIT: so they dont canibalize their own GH4 since it will still be the 4k ALL-I implementation until summer, so GH4 can sell all bodys. And then they release GH5 full potential.

• Does the post focus function now work with 6K photo?

• @inqb8tr +1 GH5 seems to be a very cool camera, thanks to Panasonic team ! I think it had to be say here !

• Panasonic really did their homework with feature suggestions this time :)

• @inqb8tr

I missed this major camera feature :-)

• @vitaliy_kiselev

Have no idea, Nick posted it on previous page :)

• Guessing from Photos the old GH3/GH4 Battery Grip won't fit anymore.

• @inqb8tr

Who is photo author?

• Is there no 2K recording? How does one mix 1080p slow motion with DCI 4K? The aspect ratios don't match

• Nick answered that there is no charging with usb (he first made a typo saying it can, but corrected it and say it can't)

• it was asked on the chat with Nick but didn't get it... can we charge from usb while using the camera?

Also,Nick wrote DFD is way faster but what about "hunting" that was so annoying in gh4 AF-C until final focus lock..is it still there?

• Nice to see that there is a fn button on the front near to the lens mount

• Note to UK members

You can try GH5 and new 12-60mm lens at Burgess Hill, PARK CAMERAS store

https://www.parkcameras.com/park-cameras-burgess-hill-store

Nick will be at the place today and tomorrow - 10am to 2pm

sample231.jpg
    800 x 565 - 49K