Personal View site logo
Hi, New member wanting advice on GH1 please
  • Hi all, I'm new to this forum and must say you guys do one great job with the time you put in with the hacks and patches. There is so much info my head is going to explode so it's better asking you guys than looking through all the posts. I know it's 2016 but I'm just starting out and I have a GH1 and wanting to know what version of Ptools should I use and what patch/patches do I need but must be stable?? Thanks in advance.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Thumbs up for using a camera that is a few years old. Whenever we are able to make things last it's nice.

• Many thanks guys, its a great starting point.

• Hi Vitaliy, I downloaded Ptools and native 24 patch, I have sound on in camera playback but not when I transfer movie file off memory card to PC. Any ideas??

• Which application did you use to play/edit the footages on PC?

If you just want to play the footages, then you better convert it first to a more PC friendly format (e.g. .mp4) or install windows media player classic with K-Lite Codec Pack.
  • @photographer3000

I have sound on in camera playback but not when I transfer movie file off memory card to PC. Any ideas??

It probably has to do with the settings in your PC's video player then

• I hate to be a buzz killer but my advice is to sell the GH1 and get a nice G7.

• Not everyone willing to spend their money even for the "cheap" G7. As an amateur, my strategy is to wait until a camera is in its lowly stable price and buy it after. GH1 is already too cheap and I think it will not depreciate in value anymore. It is a good camera with all the limitations. That is why I keep one with me and patiently wait to buy something that I consider as a leap in technology such as 4K + Weather Shield + IBIS of that affordable G85.

• Thanks Yskunto and Tetakpatak, its definitely a codec fault as I tried it last night on a friends pc and works fine. I used windows media player and tried Davinci Resole to edit. Thanks for helping a newbie :-)