Personal View site logo
Olympus E-M10 II camera topic
  • 71 Replies sorted by

On the video side of things, the E-M10 II receives a few notable upgrades, including a 60p option for both HD and Full HD resolutions and a new high speed (120fps) movie mode at VGA resolution (640 x 480). Perhaps most important is the previously mentioned 5-axis image stabilization, which brings an unprecedented amount of compensation for camera shake with both stills and video

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m10-ii/olympus-e-m10-ii-conclusion.htm

zebra527.jpg
    800 x 500 - 59K
  • Edit : video already posted on last page. I wonder if it was really shot whith thus cam as I downloaded some samples and they all looked oversharpened and quite ugly with less details than a GH2

So called "limited edition".

zebra799.jpg
    516 x 387 - 38K
  • More about it

In the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition, retro design meets world-first technology – When Olympus announces a new Limited Edition OM-D, design enthusiasts know they’re in for an exceptional visual treat. The OM-D E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition offers all the high-tech fireworks of the awarded OM-D E-M10 Mark II, but stands out from its near-namesake with a striking new design. The unique Fox Brown colour and texture alone make this camera a collector’s item. The Limited Edition also comes with a premium leather strap and a matching silver-coloured lens cap to complement its compact, lightweight frame. Worldwide, only 3,500 OM-D E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition cameras will be available. They are on sale as of February 25, 2016 as part of a kit that includes the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ Pancake Zoom lens for €899*.

Brown is back

The original OM-D E-M10 Mark II set the standard – making imaging practical, portable and affordable for a new generation of hobbyist photographers. The remarkable styling of the Limited Edition takes this standard to a new level. The special Fox Brown colour sets off the glinting chrome and milled edges of solid dials beautifully. The On/Off switch and the central finder further enhance the impression of a hands-on shooting experience to be enjoyed by the talented connoisseur.

Form fits function

The design highlights of the OM-D E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition have a traditional flavour, but for this camera segment the technology is cutting-edge. Beneath the elegant switches, dials and contours of its all-metal body, the Limited Edition inherits some of the most powerful technology OM-D has to offer. It features the 5-axis in-body Image Stabilization that enables blur-free still and smooth hand-held filming on the move, even in low light. 5-axis IS works irrespective of the lens attached and compensates admirably for up to four steps of shutter speed**. For shooting with a large telephoto lens, an optional quick-release camera grip adds another layer of stability. Another bonus for moviemakers is 4k time-lapse recording, which allows you to capture and play back normally imperceptible movement in ultra high-resolution.

The full EVF

Like the E-M10 Mark II, the Limited Edition has a large, high-speed, 2,360K-dots OLED Electronic Viewfinder with an unrivalled 100% field of view. The EVF displays the full range of manual settings and optional effects in real time, for full control over the impact of manual adjustments. Again there’s a large, tilting, 3-inch touchscreen LCD with a pad control for setting the focus point using your finger, while looking through the viewfinder. The fingerprint-resistant coating helps preserve the camera’s extraordinary aesthetic.

Matching lenses and accessories

Owners of the Limited Edition can enhance the stand-out look of their OM-D with several accessories that complement the brown optic and leather haptic. The premium OM-D messenger bag made of brown leather and grey canvas is every bit as stylish as the Limited Edition itself, and the new OM-D messenger bag Mini has been released just in time for the Limited Edition launch. Of course, there are also more than 40 high-grade Micro Four Thirds lenses available that cover the full range of focal lengths and budgets, from hobbyist to pro.

img178.jpg
    800 x 532 - 73K

Image quality of Olympus E-M10 Mark II images is top-notch with excellent metering, good white balance and quite reasonable colors. Camera is also fast with an 8.5 FPS continuous drive and 1080p HD video recording at 60 FPS. The Contrast-Detect AF system now remains fast down to relatively low light levels. The new OLED EVF does not keep up with action as before but remains highly usable for anything but action photography.

http://www.neocamera.com/camera/olympus/em10markii/review

img848.jpg
    800 x 598 - 83K
  • I bought e-m10 ii few days ago but struggle with the menu. Is there any video or blog that describe step by step setup of e-m10 for video oriented work?

• Firmware Ver.1.2

• Macro Flash STF-8 is supported.
    • Electronic Flash FL-900R is supported.
    • Improved stability of exposure when shooting videos.

http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/#fmzdl

• HI! We are end of 2018, the OMD 10 MIII is on the market, but seems to be a downgrade of the MII, with now the 4k.

I wish find a new camera after my GH2.
    OMD 10 MII or GX80. Yes, i see all comparaison. But i didn't decide which model i want, working 80% of video (not specially 4K, but cool to crop on the 4K in case), but the grip and EVC are disapointed.

With time, at the end of 2018, what's your choice and advice ?

• Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Camera with M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens, $299

https://www.adorama.com/iomem10m3bk.html

• Olympus E-M10 II -- which has been great since FW 1.4 the Focus Bracketing supposedly works with all OLYMPUS lenses not only with the pro .

With my OLYMPUS 14-42mm 1: 3.5-5.6 II not only macros but also landscapes / churches ....

In a large church of 3m-50m everything razor sharp. and the olympus software now also takes care of the assembly.

I LOVE MY E-M10II