Personal View site logo
GH2 HDMI died
  • The HDMI output on my GH2 just suddenly died. I'm using 7" Lilliput on it, nothing changed, all of a sudden it just stopped working. First, the monitor just said "no signal" but after some tweaking on/off, it just started to stay black or blue as it was receiving a signal but didn't know what to do with it. An older flat TV says "signal not supported" and a brand new LG doesn't recognize anything. The GH2 clearly thinks it's connected to external monitor, as the on-board screen flickers when connecting, ExTele is disabled, etc., so everything seems normal at that end. Tried different cables and resetted the firmware.. What else to do or try?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Did you set GH2 HDMI mode to AUTO?

• Yeah, I've gone through every possible setting.. But I didn't change anything - just one startup and the reliable GH2 failed on me! Is there anything I could still try?

• Make good macro of connector on camera side. Most probably it is issue with it.

For next time - best is to use small cage like cable fix rig, and either short coiled cable you never remove or very short converter.

• I never took the cable off.. Anyway, if the connector or board is broken, I suppose GH2 is already too old that it would be worth to fix? There's not even a Panasonic repair shop in my country, plah..

• Remove battery and let camera sit, then replace battery?