Personal View site logo
Olympus ED-lenses on GH2
  • Hi, I got the GH2 and today I found some Olympus gear at home. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the gear (quality/useability) and if an adapter would make them work fine on the GH2? I guess it's a Olympus E-1 package we got some time ago:

Olympus Zuiko Digital:
    14-54mm 2.8-3.5
    50mm 2.0 Macro ED
    50-200mm 2.8-3.5 ED

I already have:
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    Nikkor 18-70 3.5-5.6
    Panasonic 14-140 3.5-5.6

Not a big fan of zooms I have found out tho.

Hope anyone could give some advice!
    Thanks
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • That 50mm f2 is supposedly a razor sharp lens! Definitely a keeper.
    Oly makes an official adapter that allows full electronic control, including AF, on micro 4/3 bodies. Never used one so I can't vouch for how well it works.
  • I've heard that the 14-54mm 2.8-3.5 is supposed to be a great zoom lens, would definetly consider keeping it even though you own the 14-140 since it faster. I would try to find out how well those adapters Hishimaru mentioned works before making any decitions :)
  • Thanks. I have looked into some of the adapters @hishimaru mentioned and I read that most people used the Olympus MMF-2 or the Panasonic MA1-adapters from 4/3 to m4/3 and should make all electronics work on a m4/3 body. I bought the MMF-2-adapter and should arrive soon. Hopefully all the electronics will work as they should.

Have tried the 50mm on the E-1-body, and it is super-sharp and I like the macro. The 50-200mm (100-400mm) has its uses I guess, but haven't tried it out so far.

Probably gonna see if I can sell my 14-140 and the 18-70 Nikkor since I very rarely use them anyways. Anyone know what I can expect to sell them for? If its even worth it.

Thanks!
  • Check Ebay for past sales and you'll get a pretty good overview.
  • @simensito

I am very interested in seeing what that 50mm f2 micro looks like on a hacked GH2. I have a feeling that it might be the best 50mm out there.

If you have time to do a test that would rock, all I can find are horrible looking youtube vids.