Personal View site logo
TRD Beholder DS1 and EC1 gimbals for Canon/Nikon DSLR
    1. The DS1 arrives pre-programed and ready to use out of the box. It can be used to shoot any angle auto Reverse for low angle short.

2. 32bit Dual IMU sensors allows precision stabilization.

3. The DS1 payload is 4.8 lbs allowing lot lens to be mounted. Tool less adjustment pitch, roll and yaw.

4. 3 axis joystick controls 2 axis pitch and yaw one axis mode selection for system correction.

5. Retail price 690usd, release day September 15, 2015.

Information provided by Team Rebel Design.

• 120 Replies sorted by
  • Just got lucky and figured it out that the JOYSTICK PIN out for those wanting to extended it is 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5.

• Just got lucky and figured it out that the JOYSTICK PIN out for those wanting to extended it is 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5.

• @hdibani All 5 DS1 stock OEM profiles can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_YQ0v5OBbBFajlhZ0ZrTTZOQW8?usp=sharing

I exported and saved them before making any changes on mine.

• Hi all,

I was stupid enough to change the settings of my Beholder DS1 without first making a back, does someone have the factory profiles saved up? Please share!

Thanks!

• How much current can I use from EC1 microUSB remote control port. I'm thinking to make a bluetooth remote control and if possible motorized zoom using power from that port. Wired control is using atmel controller in the remote and using SPI for transmitting.

• Beholder MS-PRO

• Timelapse made with GH4 on EC1 (Olympus 7-14 2.8)

• More EC1 stuff

• Hi Scot, I have seen those pictures. What I am interested is the wiring inside the handle part (where the joystick is mounted). Something similar to the attached picture.

I have a feeling that something is wrongly wired, or cable is missing. The Joystick was not working even with the original factory settings - so I would tend to rule out software configuration.

There seem to be two types of RC configurations for DS1 circulating the internet : 1) Sum-PPM: a) ROLL: no input b) PITCH: RC_VIRT_CH_2 c) YAW: RC_VIRT_CH_1 d) CMD: RC_VIRT_CH_3

2) Normal (PWM or Analog): a) ROLL: no input b) PITCH: RC_YAW - PWM c) YAW: RC_PITCH - PWM d) CMD: RC_ROLL - PWM

Which one is the correct one? :)

PCB inside handle.jpg
    994 x 718 - 151K
  • @addy_cdc Look up and you will see a picture of the circuit board posted by joperiera. As for settings not near my Gimbal so can't help there.

• Hello to everyone! I`ve just received my new DS1 gimbal from an eBay seller in China.

When trying it out for the first time, I noticed that the joystick is not working. There is no action when pressing any of the 5-way button, as well as there is no "command assignment" turning blue in the SimpleBGC GUI. The camera stabilization was working fine out-of-the-box though.

I updated the firmware to latest beta 2.59B7 and of course lost all my PID and profiles :) because I did not back them up before this.

Can someone please send me the original 2.59bx 5 Profiles?

Also does anyone have any pictures of the wiring inside the handle so that I can compare to mine? I suspect that the Joystick connector cable is mounter wrong or maybe something is missing.

I really don`t want to return it back to China as I have to shoot a wedding this weekend and would really want to use the gimbal.

Thank you!

• DS1 new 2.59B3 firmware update

• New hear, but have been reading and following various threads for a while. Ordered DS1 from Owl Dolly. Can only say good things about my experience there. I've called and visited with them about my inability to balance. Still, it's not working well for me.

I'm attempting to run my GH4 with 35-100 2.8. First issue is true balance. I can get a false balance where all axis return to the correct orientation when moved (unit off). However, I cannot get it to balance so that the camera remains oriented after moving the pitch or roll to a off level position. It appears my center of gravity with this set up simply won't allow it. Still, close enough I'd hope, but I'm getting the vibes off it.

My other lens for this gimbal is the Olympus 9-18. Haven't sorted that one out yet.

PID tuning attempted. Noticed that my Motor Configuration Pitch + setting was zero, where the Owl Dolly setting in their video was 130. I made that change and the performance may be better.

Has anyone here successfully run either of these lenses? I'd very much like to make this DS1 work :-)

Thans for your input!

• Shot with LUMIX GH4, autofocus lenses and Beholder MS1 gimbal. No stabilizing at post, no slow motion! Used Lumix 42.5 1.7 OIS, Olympus 12mm 2.0, Olympus 25mm 1.8, Olympus 9mm 8.0 AF-C autofocus, auto exposition P mode. Lot of shots with Extended Tele mode. ISO 320 Graded with Magic Bullet Looks, filmstock Fujifilm 3521XD, grain 50%

• Made with GH4 and autofocus primes with Beholder MS1. Some shots stabilized at post.