Personal View site logo
1000$ camera... what is the best choice (mainly for video)?
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • I'd like to see a listing for that f35 at a grand :-)ii

• I suggested those cameras, because I think they are the best at that price. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Of course I meant Sony F3.

• The overheating can be mitigated by replacing batteries with cool batteries every 20-30 minutes, or by using an external power pack.

You certainly made the tests? As sensor is clearly located on sensor board.

A member on the a6300 user group on facebook made the tests. He was able to run four hours just by swapping batteries. He said the batteries get very hot and most likely significantly add to the heat inside the case"

A real world test would be to use a dummy battery with an external power supply/batterpack and see how long it can go before overheating.

This is one big issue, that will keep me away from the A6300

• You also forget Sony AX100 sometimes can be found with good discount:-)

Even the Sony X70 with the 4K upgrade is selling new for quite decently low prices, US$2,249: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233177-REG/sony_pxw_x70_professional_xdcam_compact.html

May be we need to put Sony F35 to the list as I remember that some people get it to the sum quite close to $1000. :-)

I wish!!!! :-D $5k is closer to the cheapest you'd ever find it now.

Maybe you meant F3? I got very lucky finding one for $1.2K last year. US$1.5 to US$2K is a more typical cheapest bargain range you'd be good to find it in. (I follow it reasonably closely online the pricing of them, as it naturally interests me)

/Edit: ah yes, see the reply now

• I'll throw in for the nx500. Incredible bang for the buck. I prefer it to my NX1, same sensor , but I prefer the image.

• If fixed lens is in, the Sony rx10 mk2 is by far the most bang for the buck I've ever gotten in a camera purchase. Incredible camera. Screw a tascam 60d or 70d on to it, and you have a very nice setup.

• You can just get with RX10 mk2

So, no need for sound sync

img14.jpg
    489 x 474 - 28K
  • rx10 mk2 also does Uncompressed 4k HDMI output. With a 1200$ recorder, ext mic, I reckon this would be it. Also, its very hard to get the moving subject in focus with S35 sensor. The S16 size of this camera sensor is optimal for indie film IMO.

• You can also record internal 4K and ext to recorder at the same time

> Even though there is a message that comes up in the menus when you select HDMI/ 4K saying you cannot record 4K internally AND output 4K externally, you actually can. First off don’t select that menu option….again, make sure proxy recording is off, set TC output on for triggering the Shogun, and HDMI mode to AUTO. When you hit record on the camera, the camera’s LCD goes black. Don’t freak…it’s still working, I have tested it. If you go to the mode where it gives you that warning that you cannot record 4K internally and output, then the rear LCD stays on when you hit record but all it is doing is sending a trigger to the recorder to start. Very similar to what the A7s does. It’s weird, but unless they change it for release you can do both – you just need to make sure your recorder is your monitoring device, too or at least feeds your monitoring device.

>

• @brianl ..really?is not the same (or slightly lower)?

• The best sub 1k camera is the one you wait the longest for before buying.. It's crazy how advanced things have become.. I do feel pity for the camera makers; the margins must be razor-thin

• the margins must be razor-thin

Looking at their reports you are very badly wrong.

• What reports

• What reports

Financial reports. Number of cameras sold is falling, while their income and profits grow.

• Heh you made me web search. I forgot there's more than just the DSLR filmmaker market

• Well, most of charts and numbers are on PV even :-) Just watch the blog more often and regular.

• Isn't the PV G7 the best under $1K camera for video? I haven't used one myself but those who have them rave about them.

Fran

• The Panasonic G7 is definitely worth a look you can get it and the amazingly decent 14-140 for about a grand. The image is comparable to the GH4 and in some cases exceeds it at high ISO. Than save your money for what replaces the GH4. At least that's what I have done.

• Don't forget about the Panasonic G7! Slightly wider in 4K and lower noise than the GH4, and easily costs under $1000.

• So, no need for sound sync

wow, that's cool. I'm so sick of sync audio. can you use different mics?

• I'm so sick of sync audio. can you use different mics?

Any you like.

• advice please.. NX1 (used but perfect) 700€, GX80 (new, obviously) 600€

you what would you choose and why?

• NX1 without question. Good working hack, all features you need. Cheap lenses. This is if you want fun and want work.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks! About hacks, to your knowledge, the unlimited recording is reliable? There is no risk that it blocks or something?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters