Personal View site logo
Mixing OCZ SLI RAM with normal Patriot RAM
  • I originally have a 2 x 1GB OCZ SLI DDR2 RAM with CLS4 latency. I decided to upgrade my RAM and bought 2 X 4GB Patriot Signature DDR2 RAM with CLS6 latency. I install the ram in dual memory order. So each ram in the same slot color.

But once i boot the PC, everything runs but nothing is being displayed. No bios, nothing. Fans are all blowing at full speed and its noisy. But once i remove either the OCZ/Patriot ram then everything runs like normal. Im sure the rams has no problem. Is there some kind of compability issue? As far as i can see, only the latency are different. Everything else is the same.

I am not sure if i can even post this here but heck i need help! This rig is for my video editing!
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • All 4 sticks at the same time? Yes you can get an incompatibility issue. Try the 2 x 4GB sticks by themselves then if that works fine you could try all 4 but with the the patriot's in the slots the OCZ's where in.

A motherboard will try to run them all at one slower speed
  • Ok thanks for the reply. Ill try it and report back
  • Looks like something old with DDR2 ram :-)

Want to give good advice: buy simple memory, never buy overclockers one with big heatsinks from OCZ and similar brands.