Personal View site logo
Ex tempore piece with 44Mbit 6GOP 24P
  • I Shot this Ex tempore piece with my 44Mbit 6GOP 24P settings and a Class 6 card. Although not quite art, I'm quite happy with it. :) Most of the shots were underexposed, then color corrected to something interesting. :) Used the 14-42 Kit lens with a Richarm 0.45x Adapter. Insanely Low budget (0 €)? YES! :D

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Nice variety of shots!
  • @Mark_the_Harp Oh, the sarcasm! :D Thanks, for noticing, though! :D

It's really *not* that easy to shoot something interesting in a fast paced work routine (as with my subject matter in this case) that can't be directed. Also, my lack of talent shows. :D I just thought you guys might be interested. No need to mock me. Still learning. :)
  • Wasn't sarcasm! You've no idea how refreshing it is to see a variety of shot sizes in a sequence, as opposed to the usual endless sequences of similar shots you get. I'm guessing you have a video rather than stills background? Ok, once the vehicle arrived it got less interesting, but up till then, great stuff.
  • Oh thanks, @Mark_the_Harp , You're being very generous. :) Agreed, that offloading 10 tons of diesel and E10 isn't THAT interesting, but the video is a part of my collection of me shooting my friends doing their daily jobs. :) My ultimate goal is to be able to do a documentary (reality TV) of my friends doing their daily jobs. :) I think it would be very interesting series to be proposed to a TV station. With clever editing, I could easily fill 20 episodes 22 minutes each! :D
  • Good luck - great idea. And am I right, that you have a video rather than stills background? It shows in the pace of shots, and that you've bothered to use sync sound. You've no idea how rare that is in DSLR footage.
  • My only background in video is from working two years on "Big Brother Finland" (as a runner! :D). Other than that, I'm a graphic designer, web designer (and chief technology officer) and an airport ramp agent (can't get over my love of airplanes and customer service). :) For this piece though, I didn't synch the action to the music. I rearranged the music to fit the footage I had available.
  • I don't like the footage. Too many things are going on and it confuses me -- especially the parts that show humans. I much prefer to stare at a clump of bushes or perhaps a bunch of trees as we normally get here. I'm going to report this.
  • hahah you really love your friends :)

but i have a question in the second 42 there seems to be a jump in the footage of the truck, was that the hack fault? or is it a jump cut from the NLE? or something else?
  • By sync sound I meant the sound of the vehicle etc - nice to have this. Usually you just get music (yes, and a bush).
  • @lolo I noticed the "jump" in the final video too, I'm wondering where it came from, but I think it's because of the Final Cut Pro's Smoothcam I applied to that shot.

@Mark_the_Harp Oh, ok! Thanks! :) I don't have the terminology down yet! :D