Personal View site logo
Star Wars: Imperialism Awakens
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • It's biggest problem is that is a sort of a soft reboot of a New Hope. I hope they get more creative with the next ones, cause the prequels at least had some new ideas even though the acting and the dialogue needed a lot more work.

Problem here is not hate (that is just emotions of some).

It is just logical conclusion that people must not be allowed to get your ticket money selling you third rate fake copy with same third rate acting and dialogs, fuck, without soundtrack even.

• You guys are being a little too negative, it was a fun movie and the direction and acting were pretty good. No cringe worthy moments like the prequel trilogy. It's biggest problem is that is a sort of a soft reboot of a New Hope. I hope they get more creative with the next ones, cause the prequels at least had some new ideas even though the acting and the dialogue needed a lot more work. I don't want a soft reebot of Empire for the next one. But all and all its a modern myth and I feel that myths are the cornerstone of culture, it's always been that way the shaman storyteller has always set the tone for a tribe not the leaders and cheifs. I think as filmmakers should make the next myth. I think people have always struggled to figure out that a myth doesn't mean fake, it's just a metaphor for eneffiable truth even though the stories are made up. But like anything else in human society it's just something somebody made up.

All and all I guess it's still cool to hate on Star Wars. Haters gonna hate I guess. Personally I love Star Wars even the flawed prequels. I just don't like the idea of giving Disney money since I work for them lol.

• @jleo: I've never heard of Valerian and Laureline before. Great catch here. Although, it's not necessarily a "bad" thing to extract ideas to others, the problem always come to the execution of the final piece of art. In the case of Star Wars, all film are very poor in the end.

It's really like transformers and has always been: something to sell toys, t-shirt and video games. The whole film sounds more like a bank activity. I like how everyone is dressed as the empire guards. The Empire is a success, quite a terrible image of today's system.

• So, my 1st grader (6 yrs old) came home from local public school this week asking me if we going to see the new Star Wars movie, as the school dismissed 1/2 day on Friday, Star Wars opening day for "Winter" break...

On the other hand, if she openly prays at lunch time or talks about Jesus birthday at school she gets in trouble...

I guess we need to learn the acceptable US Disney cult behavior, and need to include "Nation under Darth Vader & Yoda" in the US pledge of Allegiance, as Christianity is taboo...

• A picture speaks a thousand words!image

whitehousetroopers.jpg
    729 x 489 - 76K
  • i have absolutely no interest in this movie. The masses in the United States are like retarded children. That's why we have horrible foreign policy here. Ignorant fools live in a fantasy world.

ok back to work.

• Almost all the Star Wars fans are dressed up as Imperial Stormtroopers, so they support the Empire right? :) below Pasadena Rose Bowl Parade

]imageimage

...does Hollywood extract world culture like corporations extract oil and other resources? ....

WAS STAR WARS INFLUENCED BY A FRENCH SCIENCE FICTION COMIC?

http://nothingbutcomics.net/2015/12/14/valerian/

• I have no desire to pay money to mouse ears to watch it!!

• As I already told, do not even attempt to listen to soundtrack, unoriginal and lame.

I suggest to check STAR WARS: Symphony For A Saga instead to cure some sorrow (original place was http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com/ , now need some time to find it, thanks to copyright bastards, but I hope you have skills).

• Definition of imperialism stage of capitalism ( https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/ch07.htm )

1. The concentration of production and capital has developed to such a high stage that it has created monopolies which play a decisive role in economic life
    2. The merging of bank capital with industrial capital, and the creation, on the basis of this “finance capital”, of a financial oligarchy
    3. The export of capital as distinguished from the export of commodities acquires exceptional importance
    4. The formation of international monopolist capitalist associations which share the world among themselves
    5. The territorial division of the whole world among the biggest capitalist powers is completed.

Imperialism is capitalism at that stage of development at which the dominance of monopolies and finance capital is established; in which the export of capital has acquired pronounced importance; in which the division of the world among the international trusts has begun, in which the division of all territories of the globe among the biggest capitalist powers has been completed

Imperialism in films means that production, distribution, special effects companies, insurers, banks who credit them, all main review media, wide known reviewers personally form close conglomerate sharing finances and same interests.

It is not a surprise that all of high grossing Hollywood films lately is accompanied by costly compain that adds paid "average Joe" reviews to the critics reviews who write that companies ask anyway.