Personal View site logo
Neway CT710HO, 1920 x 1200 monitor

• 1920x1200 Resolution, 300cd/m2 Brightness, 1800:1 Contrast;
    • Support for 4K input
    • HDMI In and Output
    • DC 7-24V(XLR) input
    • USB Input for customer to upgrade firmware;
    • Pixel to Pixel, Check Field, H/V Delay, Guides, Zooming, DSLR Scaling
    • Peaking, Check Field, Image Flip, Color Temperature, Underscan, Audio Meters.
    • Sturdy and good though construction, but very lightweight - 260g without battery

Battery plates options (you can select one you like)

• NWLP-E6 Type Battery Plate: For Canon 5D Batteries, note - it is default, most probably you need Sony one!
    • NWD54s Type Battery Plate: For Panasonic D54 Series Batteries
    • NWBP945 Type Battery Plate: For Canon "900" Series Batteries
    • NWNP-F960 Type Battery Plate: For Sony "L" Type Series Batteries
    • NWEN-EL15 Type Battery Plate: For Nikon D700 / D800 camera Series Batteries

Available now

Price: $360 $339
    Shipping: Price already includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    I want to buy this monitor.

• 34 Replies sorted by
  • Finally - when the displays in tablets,... start to go 4k - they make a video monitor that can do full HD.

I just think 7" is a bit to small for full HD, 10" would be better (I'm using a 10" monitor when on a tripod or remote focus pulling and its a very good size - I only wish my one would be full HD).

But why is the vertical resolution 1200, when the display seems to be 16:9?

• Finally - when the displays in tablets,... start to go 4k - they make a video monitor that can do full HD.

LOL.

Good thing to understand that tablet display and display in such monitors are different (use different interfaces and different main LSI). So, such panels appeared instantly as it became possible (this year).

• Well, it depends on what you need, but only ~$150 more and you get Blackmagic Video Assist, which includes recorder and other funky features.

• @tonalt

BM is small thing, and difference between 5" and 7" with such resolution is very big.

Plus BM price does not include shipping, especially international one.

• SDI variant available ?

• @bannedindv

Not for now. If you use it on the rig or tripod, lots of cheap converters are available.

• what is the weight of this monitor?

• what is the weight of this monitor?

260g only (without sunhood and battery)

• How much for extra battery plates?

• How much for extra battery plates?

Do not know for now. Usually people just select one they like.

• Two questions please: 1. Does it accept LUT files? 2. Does it unsqueeze 2x Anamorphic video? Thanks! Izhar

• Does this actually have an 1800:1 contrast ratio? How does the contrast and color reproduction compare to the CT700HO?

• @akhenig

As far as I know panel quality is closer to CL76, it means that it is better than other 1280 monitors.

As for contrast ratio - I think it will be so if you put panel in quite dark place (as with TVs or any other contrast measurements).

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

But it's not as bright as the CL76 or the CT700, right?

• But it's not as bright as the CL76 or the CT700, right?

Yep, note that 300-450 nit is not so big difference, if you properly use monitor.

For real outdoor (with sun) or steadicam monitors you need above 600, and preferably at 1000-1200 nits.

• hope we see in near future those lovely inexpensive oem 5 inch 1920x1080 ips monitors

• I have made a video of the unboxing of the Neway CT710HO

Soon there will be a video, where I show all the features of this nice monitor.

• AKED, i'll be happy to see how this monitor performs in bright day. how does it feels 7 inch size field of view for handled shooting? not too large?

• @Neirotransformer The monitor is great is sunlight. Even with all settings only on 50% is is a good picture. Using it, I will try it on the weekend with a gimbal. We will see. On a tripod no problems. I have shoot some of the review but will do some more next week.

• Here is a review about the functions of the Neway CT710 HQ 7" monitor.

• I will soon do another video, where the focus peeking can be seen better. In this video, the focus picking was filmed on 12 mm 2.8, which is the reason, why so many areas are in focus.

• Looking forward to get one. Price here decreased recently and I saved almost enough.

• Good monitor. And lots of features.

• @AKED, thanks for your excellent function test video.

• Just some quick thoughts after using this at a wedding:

Screen is ok for price. Still hard to focus without zooming in, so I just leave zoom on and compose with camera screen. It is "better" than cheap Feelworld FW759 monitor I had but honestly I'm not sure by how much in terms of actual functionality (Neway screen has higher res and is sharper, but since you still can't pull critical focus without zooming in... I'm not actually you can do this on a really expensive monitor either since I haven't tried those yet)

Positives:

• Screen starts up relatively fast and connects to my D750 well (Aputure finehd takes forever to turn on).

• Color is ok but a bit dull out of the box (I didn't try to adjust it) but accuracy is "not bad".

• Came with screen protector on (yay!)

Annoying things:

• Hard to see in bright sunlight (as with most monitors),

• Can't adjust zoom level

• Slight screen lag, noticeable but not too terrible. Non scientifically I'd say like 50-100ms lag between camera screen and this monitor

• Can't have multiple functions on at same time, for example histogram and crop, or pixel to pixel and zoom etc... If I set p2p on, then zoom in, when I zoom out it returns to default.

• Zoom function is ok and useable, but it doesn't render sharply. You focus until it is "sharpest" if you know what I mean.

• Histogram didn't match my D750 and doesn't help determining blown highlights, also clip function didn't work well for me either.

Really annoying things:

• NO menu functions for... functions! You have to map a function (like zoom, peaking etc) to F1 or F2, then press F1 or F2 to engage. If you want a different function you have to assign a new function to the buttons... which also ties in to previous point about not being able to have certain functions on at the same time.

Overall it's ok for what I am using it for. It helps me to focus on the move. But if pressed, the 1/3 price FW759 probably does the same thing even though the screen is crap. Perhaps the even more expensive Feelworld G55/G70 will work better... but who knows without seeing the actual screen and using it.

Unlike @AKED, I didn't find peaking to be very helpful for my purposes (like most cheap monitors I imagine). It is probably fine if you are shooting at F4 on crop sensor, but for F2.8 on FF it is not helpful for critical focus.

Vitaly got it shipped to me quickly so thanks. I will continue to use it for now. I am not excited about this monitor but I do not hate it either. It helps me focus so I won't complain! I keep thinking of getting Atomos Ninja Flame just for monitoring but... I just can't justify the cost.