Personal View site logo
Recent work
  • 151 Replies sorted by
  • You're back?! @DeShonDixon Love your work. Please keep it up!

• @RRRR just started working with him but i'm gonna be working with him on a lot more projects in the future

• @dlzn thanks, not quite back 100% yet but will be soon

• Nice! Still see you working with the GH2.

• "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years".

Video looks great - nice combo with animation.

• @tinyrobot thanks! I don't use it for all my projects but we had no budget for this shoot so yeah I had to whip out my good ol' GH2

@matt_gh2 hahahah you already know matt thanks!

• @DeShonDixon I really like the cadence of the motion. It looks like it's slightly in slow-mo. Did you shoot at 24 or 30fps and slow it down half while having the artist rap at double speed to his song?

• @tinyrobot shot in 60fps, sped the song up 150% in Premiere pro, and slowed it down down .65 in Sony Vegas

• no released dont post anywhere

password: jaylen

• not released dont post anywhere

password: jaylen

• not released dont post anywhere

password: westsideniro

• not released don't post anywhere

I did not shoot the part where the guy is rapping near the end the guy didn't show up to the shoot so I had to use the horribly shot footage his videographer sent me

• Just posted some videos for you guys to checkout. I know I haven't posted much in awhile

• @DeShonDixon Great videos! Keep them coming.

I see a lot of slow-mo in your videos. Do you use any other cameras besides the GH2, especially when you need good slow-mo? Also, "JayyDee - January" looked like it had a flatter grade than a GH2 can handle.

• @tinyrobot Blackmagic Pocket Cam, Canon 7D, GH4, G7, GH2 all with the sigma 18-35mm f/1.8

• Was a DP on this while I was in college

• I won't be posting or shooting anything anymore. Thinking about quitting filming indefinitely, the past 2 and a half years have really beat me down just not sure if its worth it anymore. Maybe I'll come back to it later but until then I wouldn't expect anything from me ever again.

• Hey @DeShonDixon I don't know what your personal situation is... But I believe that as artists we suffer to create beauty due and through pain. Talent is therapy and that alone is reason to not stop at doing what you love and what heals you.

I have been following you for a while and I truly think you are extremely blessed and gifted at this point in your life. Seriously; the progress and working with little means, no budget, shitty clients all the bullshit. Trust me that's just a phase. Nothing what's worth achieving comes easy. When it gets hard remind yourself of all the opportunities you might throw away and of all the great things you've already gained!

Just know you are greatness in the making!

• @deshondixon sorry to hear that you're burnt out. You're super talented. You've gotta follow your heart and passion though. If it's not fun or exciting anymore then it's time to move on. Good luck man.

• You will do what you think is right. If you decide to quit I hope it won't be forever cause you're extremely talented; your work is probably the best around here and it'd be a real shame to know there will be no more... Whatever you decide, good luck man!

• @DeShonDixon

Hey Deshon life can be tough sometimes. You can do it don't give up. There are ways to make things work especially with your talent and skill set. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

• This just showed up on Vimeo 5 days ago.