Personal View site logo
Personal View FOTGA Monthly Contest
  • Welcome to our next contest.

We continue good tradition to make contests on PV.

Terms

1. You can submit one photo and one video per month, made by you personally using any camera. Just post it in this topic.
    2. Photos of landscapes, flowers, kittens and dogs are accepted, people, especially portraits, and famous buildings must be absent.
    3. Only beautiful "moving slideshows" are accepted (look at photos list for kinds). You dreamed about this day to come, right?
    4. Maximum video length - 15 seconds. It is advised to do not have any cut points at all, camera movement must be absent or be smooth.
    5. Clip must reside on vimeo or youtube video hostings and must have "personal-view contest" text and link to contest page (for one month time).
    6. Photo must reside on Flickr with same text in photo description, size in post no more than 800px width.
    7. Only photos and videos made during contest month are accepted, no old stuff.
    8. Videos will have some priority over photos (we are video oriented community :-) ) Best is to have both.
    9. If you use music, make sure you do it properly and do not break some copyright.

Winner will be selected each month by me personally (VK), announced and prizes sent during next month.

Public monthly prize will go to the maker of video/photo causing most prizes and discussions from members.

1st prize

Filters set consisting from

• Fotga Pro1-D UV filter
    • Fotga Pro1-D CPL filter
    • Forga Slim Fader ND
    • Set of ND2, ND4 and ND8 filters
    • All filters come in soft pouches
    • Winner can choose preferred size of filter set (up to 77mm)

Public prize

• Include all the above except three ND filters.

• 51 Replies sorted by
  • Nice! For me : theme = fog Photo :fog

Video :

• Shot today, just for fun as sun was out at last :) Don't have any cats unfortunately, just horse ;) Should be able to select 4k as well.

Westley - End of Summer (non youtubed file https://www.dropbox.com/s/tykmscbfnj0lgcq/west.MXF?dl=0)

• Hello. Thanks for doing this VK.

My clip is feeding our dog Abby. She has several physical problems one of which is mega esophagus. It means she cannot swallow food. So we made a "Baily Chair" that holds her upright so gravity takes the food down to her stomach. She has been living like this for 1.5 years. Shot with GH4 Natural setting no grading Nikon 35-70 2.8 and Photodiox ND Throttle.

• Here are my entries - both shot while camping in Wisconsin last weekend. Theme = landscapes, kind of.

Photo - Sony A7r II with Canon EF 50/1.2L - Photo

Video - Sony A7s with Canon EF 50/1.2L, recorded with a PIX-E5:

(Edit: updated video link, uploaded to the wrong channel initially)

• I'm going to share a video, though I consider it more of a hybrid "moving landscape photo." It is longer than 12 seconds, but the shot never changes. In fact, they're set up already for seamless looping. I'll update the description with the appropriate link to this contest soon. Be sure to check it out in 4K if you have that capability.

This clip is from Minnesota (USA) on the North Shore of Lake Superior. I grew up camping at Tettagouche State Park, so perhaps I'm biased, but I consider this shoreline to be some of the best scenery in the state.

Shot on Samsung NX1 with the 16-50 f2-2.8 OIS lens.

• Er, I think you mean "Tettegouche" - and you probably want to fix the title on your video too!

• My picture, unfortunately I did not take my GH2 with myself :( Maybe I will upload a video made with my P8 Lite.

personal-view contest

• GH4 (v-log + grade) - Som Berthiot (B) 25mm f1.9 - Bolex Möller 8 / 19 x1.5 - Rectilux

• 24 hours till deadline for this month.

As I see no discussion or comments from non participants - public prize moves to next month.

• So it's pointless to submit anything if there's no comments or discussion then?

• @filthy

Check first post, we have two prizes. As public prize is based on comments it is impossible to get winner this month. 1st Prize stays. But I am sure that next month it'll be different.

• The Fog in Motion video was great, I'd have colored it differently and exposed down (water has some hot spots), but overall subject and composition are good.

• More Fog! From my trip to Scotland this summer, Stirling Castle as the evening fog rolls in.

P1120855.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 176K
  • Guys, remember, that we do not have entries for October yet :-)

I'll tell winner for September at the end of the month.

• October,

GH3 & Tamron 14-150 Sea contrasts

• October I went hiking on a beautiful day and had my camera with me. Shot on GH3 with Sigma 18-35mm and shure VP83 mic

• We did 7 day autumn hiking trip in Sarek, northern Sweden. Shot with A7s and 24-240mm FE. (The lens is a bit soft especially in the wide end but otherwise ideal for traveling.)

• Vstardust, very nice colors! The a7s is more end more tempting with the price second hand going down. You gotta love a superzoom sometimes :) and with the a7s, you dont need to even pack a second fast lens like I have to do with my gh3, 14-150 and 20mm. Adam

• Thanks a lot Adam! I really try to work hard on getting the colors "right". A7s prices are going down so fast I'm little scared I don't get enough for it to upgrade to A7s II. :) There was a listing in Ebay for 1649$ just a moment ago. That's exactly what I though when I got that lens. The aperture isn't so big deal for me anymore. Actually full frame DOF seems even little bit too shallow time to time.

• Yes I think the A7s second hand will soon become a very good value for HD video :) especially compared to say a second hand C100 !

My video Entry for October :

Shot with GH3 and canon 17-40F4, 70-200F4 and tokina 11-16 lenses with a kipon AF adapter. No grading

• My daughter had a cross country meet today in a town called Wakefield, in Virginia USA. Quite a pretty place. Had the GH4 with me so here is video shot and uploaded today. Not much time to dial in colors and contrast. The horses are part of a "cowboy ride and shoot" event where folks ride horses and shoot blanks at balloons. The blast from the blanks will pop the balloons at close range. The guns are real just hope they are indeed loaded with blanks. This area is known for growing peanuts and the second scene is an old peanut harvesting machine.

• @kendalloz

You did not get the idea, no need to insert multiple different parts and edit them, it is not that expected.

But you are not alone. I changed terms for next month to make it more clear, my fault.

• I know I did not follow the instructions exactly....just trying to get in under the October deadline....and I do not fully understand the moving slideshow bit.....but thanks for the contest!