Personal View site logo
Mitakon VS JR Speed Boosters
  • Hi guys, i'm a GH4 owner. I read both threads about Mitakon and RJ speed booster but i still can't decide which one is better.

It seems both suffer of blue dot. It seems Mitakon is sharper in the center and blurrer in the corners but RJ is less sharper than Mita in the center but it is more sharp in the overall. I read Mitakon has some color issues Mitakon is a bit more expensive than JR and built quality seems to be better than JR. I'm also worried because Mitakon has another Speed booster in the second version of the product and EF-MFT speedbooster is just in the first version. Should I wait? How much better is the second version compared with the first one?

I'm quite confused about this two Speed Boosters. I'm going to use it mainly with a Kiron Kino Precision 28mm f2 and a Helios 44-2 58mm f2

Please, could you give me your impressions and final thoughts about this two lenses?

Thanks in advance

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • They are not much different, RJ is considered slightly sharper. Big plus is the lens mount in some versions.

Also note that this is still converters, so put better lens before them and even cheaper options will outperform better ones.

• So in your opinion RJ is better. Any highlights, or weakness with RJ and Mitakon? I also read about Roxsy but it seems to be the less sharper

I'm videographer, is RJ a good deal? It'd be EF-MFT. I just want to make the best investment for my budget.

Thanks!

• Yes RJ is very good. Mitakon is close behind. RJ is so inexpensive I would just stick with that.

• Just a last question about RJ, I know you have talked about this before, but I need to know before purchasing.

Will the adapter work with Kiron Kino Precision 28mm f2 and a Helios 44-2 58mm f2? How to know if the rear protrusions will damage my RJ speed booster?

• Will the adapter work with Kiron Kino Precision 28mm f2 and a Helios 44-2 58mm f2? How to know if the rear protrusions will damage my RJ speed booster?

It depends on the lens, in original topic in some of early messages you can check that you can do with protruding metal elements to make it fit. As I understand it is all MC mount.

• Ops, no, sorry, my manual lenses have MC-EF adapter. I use them with a Canon 6D before...