Personal View site logo
War World II
  • September 1, 1939, Germany invade Poland. It begins with World War II. Over 70 million people were killed.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Small secret - it WW began much more early (yes, historians like to use this date as it allows to hide few things, including that Poland did before ) :-)

• Vitaliy, I agree with you . There's no secret. History is written by the winners. Some facts to silent, some facts out highlights. For Czechoslovakia this war began a year earlier. China earlier.However, for my beloved Poland, World War II began on 1 September 1939. As a result of this war killed 16% of Poles. I worship their memory. This is my, personal, point of view ☺.

• for my beloved Poland, World War II began on 1 September 1939.

Nope.

On September 27 1938, seeing that Czechoslovakia was in dire straits with Nazi troops readying to invade, Poland issued an ultimatum, demanding that Czechoslovakia hand over its Tesin (Teschen) district. And later Poland annexed Czechoslovakia’s Tesin district. :-)

Poland occupied some northern parts of Slovakia and received from Czechoslovakia Zaolzie, territories around Suchá Hora and Hladovka, around Javorina, and in addition the territory around Lesnica in the Pieniny Mountains, a small territory around Skalité and some other very small border regions

Also good read is Poland newspapers for 1938 and 1939 :-) Lots of fun stuff not matching with "poor Poland".

• Wait, Poland was in conflict with Czechoslovakia at this time?

• Wait, Poland was in conflict with Czechoslovakia at this time?

You do not believe it, but at the time Poland was considered major military force and in domestic press they had big plans for Great Poland :-)

• You do not believe it, but at the time Poland was considered major military force and in domestic press they had big plans for Great Poland :-)

Its not that I dont believe it, I just wasnt aware of it. I need to brush up on my WWII knowledge for sure.

• Btw it also very similar for France.

• Yes, the Polish authorities within 20 interwar period it seemed that Poland is power. History has shown how much they were wrong. History of Zaolzie in 1938 is a very shameful as participation in the suppression of the Prague Spring in 1968. However, Poland has never been an ally of Nazi Germany for which he paid a huge price. I'll write about it for 17 days ☺.

• However, Poland has never been an ally of Nazi Germany for which he paid a huge price. I'll write about it for 17 days

It does not matter much, almost all imperialist countries in this period had been similar :-)

• "It does not matter much, almost all imperialist countries in this period had been similar " Fuck, I can not disagree with you.