Personal View site logo
Web Design: The First 100 Years
  • http://idlewords.com/talks/web_design_first_100_years.htm

A modern, articulated, amazing rant about our current technocracy, coming from (but not exclusive to) web design. Everyone should read it, but I thought of Vitaliy when reading it.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Aviation part is horrible mess (some wrong fairy tales and rest is Wikipedia C&P).

All the rest is just mess. It seems like he read some good ideas and somehow makes mess out of it.

• You may be right. But it feels genuine, heartfelt. He lives there, he gives 27$ grants, he lives from a single site. He knows these people he is talking about, unlike you and me.

• I had just finished reading when I saw you post and had enjoyed it a lot. It's refreshing, I suppose mostly just really well written.

Maybe there's a lot of "mess", don't know what that means exactly?

• Maybe there's a lot of "mess", don't know what that means exactly?

It means that he has mess in his head. He is also quite strange idealist.

I also do not know how he want to keep system without exponential economy rise (as capitalism has huge issue with it).

• He doesn't knows how to do that; he's saying that the others, the ones who are seen as kind of the truth-bearers of the new startup revolution, neither do. Nobody knows, techno-optimism is pure shit, and he measures some technologies in trying to prove it. It's just that.

• Nobody knows, techno-optimism is pure shit, and he measures some technologies in trying to prove it. It's just that.

Nope, techo optimism is just extrapolation. Almost every law, every institute, whole economics books and laws had been made for this short energy burst we had.

If you spend time and check charts and text of my blog posts (up to 4 years before) you will find some more serious complexity view.