Personal View site logo
MiniSturdyFlight vs. PilotFly H1?
  • There seems to be a fair bit of enthusiasm here for the PilotFly H1 (and with good reason... it looks pretty cool).

Is there a reason folks aren't equally enthusiastic about the MiniSturdyFlight?

To my eyes, they look like comparable products... but it seems like all the MiniSturdyFlight videos on youtube have MUCH smoother stabilization (than the H1). Most H1 videos appear to have shake, bounce, obvious walking/running, while the MiniSturdyFlight ones look consistently smoother.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your insight!

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • First, almost no one knows about it.

Second, it is 849 EUR + shipping also.

• Hm. Well I can't comment on people knowing about it, other than there do seem to be more videos about the H1 online... but the H1 is also pretty close in price. ~$200 extra to have (what appears to be) significantly smoother footage seems like a no-brainer, which is why I asked if there was some reason people weren't talking more about the Ministurdyflight. I'm very interested in this new crop of compact gimbals.

• I really do not know that means "smoother". As tons of people run wrongly balanced camera with wrong PID values.

Almost all the gimbals use same controllers and same software, so it is just money waste.

If you so want to pay good money for single handed gimbal it is better wait for CAME, it will be available soon.

• Good points. But are they that similar if one of them can only support 800 grams, while another can support 1200 grams, for example? Seems like something must be different there? The Came products I have used thus far have worked well (other than the fact that for the life of me, I can't seem to get the Came H4 to the level of balance I truly am seeking), so I'm excited if they have a compact single handled gimbal coming soon. Any idea on their timeline? Thanks!

• The main difference will be probably the batteries (build-in li-po or 18650 on smaller Came gimbal) and the motor, pilotfly make their own motor, not sure about Came or MiniSturdyFlight, Nebula's motor is 2x smaller than the other three lol The weight limit maybe more to do with space since it is quite limited compare to bigger gimbal with bigger arms.

• Interesting! Never considered space vs. strength. Good point.

• MiniSturdyFlight has 8bit controller, and Pilotfly now has released H1+ with 32bit controller which I assume may help if balanced and tuned properly.

• I was about to order the ministurdyflight. Even though it's only 8 bit it has the motor on the right side, so gh4 users can use the flip screen. Also the max load is quite high and I usually like Italian design. But then I came accross some pictures of the ministurdyflight by a disappointed user. It clearly shows that the product is quite rough and not yet finished. A lot of electrical wires hang loose and the motors are not sealed. It looks way too DIY for such a price. Now I'm choosing between the pilotfly h1+ or the came-single.

• Here is a comparison of the came single and the Pilotfly:

http://cheesycam.com/came-tv-came-single-pilotfly-h1-nebula-4000-comparisons/

• That comparison is for the H1+, not the H1.