Personal View site logo
BOE showcases first 10k display (82")
  • Hope your litter bin is not still clogged up from the 4k displays you recently had to throw away because 8k became the hype of the day! Because you'll need that space for your obsolete 8k displays, now that chinese manufacturer BOE showcased the first 82"-sized 10k display

http://global.ofweek.com/new-products/BOE-showcases-world-s-first-10K-UHD-display-30241

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I will tell you a secret.

All leading manufacturers with last generations factories can make 8K 84" panels (as it is just 4 4k 42" panels).

• gosh - and i'm still in the 720p era

• @robertGL

Time to move to 4K.

As push to 4K in monitors and tablets will be very strong. Most top smartphones in 2 years will have 4K screens.

• Seems that only direction industry is moving in s resolution.

Do you need 10k for 16:9 movie? For computer monitor yes - not movie playback.

• Seems that only direction industry is moving in s resolution.

Nope. But resolution is not easy, and it is billions from buyers of premium smartphones that allowed fast progress.

Wider gamut also (AMOLED, quantum dots for LCDs).

Really improved dynamic range (not the bullshit that LCD manufacturers like tell you using very bright leds and local dimming).

4K made big improvement for passive 3D also.

• Most top smartphones in 2 years will have 4K screens.

that doesn't mean everyone HAS to shoot in 4K. these large corporations are perpetually upgrading at an unnatural pace which is not feasible for the average consumer to keep up with unless money is no object. upgrade within your budget constraints, not following every single upgrade manufacturers make. they're MAKING money, and you're SPENDING money. and ps a famous director whose name i can't remember is outraged that people watch movies on smart phones anyway.

• Definition of Hell: Watching Transformers on 4K TV recorded on VHS tape at EP speed!