Personal View site logo
CAME gimbals
  • 244 Replies sorted by
  • @twelli - if its not perfectly horizontal even when you hold down the button to calibrate - it is not balanced properly. WHen you press that button, the motors switch off and gravity does the rest of the work.

• Hallo

Please help my with a good recomadation.. a cable HDMI /MICRO HDMI for this Came Mini

Thanks

• @adamfromabove - will try do the balancing again. Looked fine to me, maybe not fine enough. :)

• @liondor1969 For HDMI I purchased this one, seems to be good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301404281536

• I bought an Aputure VS1 1.7 inch screen. Wanted the VS2 but shop didn't have it. The monitor's cable does not have the micro plug for the GH4 socket, so I bought another cable. Now, after attaching monitor and camera and switching both on, there is this ear-piercing sound when the monitor is anywhere near the camera. What's that all about? My ears are still ringing 20 minutes after turning the devices off...

• @twelli that is called "audio feedback".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_feedback

Just switch of the micro on the GH4 or turn down the volume on your monitor.

• @anti12 thanks, finally figured out how to turn down the volume on the monitor, wasn't easy to find...

• Wow, look very solid that gimbal-pistol from Came.

These gimbals type pistol (Nebula, PilotFly, etc) can use a monitor even hanging in the grip? generally are limted to 2,000g and only a monitor have 1 pound.

• ^ The item is probably air shipped from China. Many ebay sellers are now giving US location but actually air ship product from China.

• Thanks @Manicd. But the time is faster than normal shopping from China, generally 10-15 days.

• The single handed gimbal looks good. A tad pricey - hoping VK can get this on pv deals

• After using the Came Mini for like 20 seconds it starts beeping constantly. Anyone experienced that?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Nice that Came finally offer some help on Youtube, but I think they could be more professional. Why can't they tell users about the push-button-five-times in the manual, which btw does not deserve that name. Tool-less is not really a big deal, but having version 2 coming so shortly after version 1 is not nice to the people who bought version 1. And then they don't allow comments under their Youtube clips? Great, can't even ask a question there to maybe get an answer from another user.

• @twelli

Well, here it is not some for of another CAME support.

Manufacturers release improved products constantly, so complaining to it is stupid.

As for comments - having comments enabled means to have someone on salary who will manage all this.

• CAME has told me the CAME-Single has dual IMUs. No word yet on Bluetooth: they say they are still gauging interest and the final design has not yet been set. (and they are taking pre-orders?!?) I quite like the tool-less adjustments, the 10-hour battery life, the joystick, and that it has a 32-bit controller. It does look a bit beefy, though, and it weighs 400 g more than the Nebula 4000 Lite or the PilotFly H1.

• I'm in the market for a pistol grip gimbal and so far, that CAME single is the best design out there, spec wise. But, as VK mentioned, I'm wary of going through overseas tech support.

• But, as VK mentioned, I'm wary of going through overseas tech support.

They usually are fluid with replacements and such.

But do not expect super support (it is same for almost all such companies, as they just do not have such staff).

• @twelli I had the same problem with Came Mini. In my case, the beeping was caused either by low voltage in the batteries, or a problem in electric contact...

• I bought Came Mini a month ago. Overall, I like the lightness and the design. But it's very fragile. After testing it a few times, suddenly I lost control on the pitch axis. Here is the video. Just look a few seconds starting at 0:50. The camera tilts down and I can't tilt up.

The wires close to the joystick were a bit damaged; they go through a hole that has a pretty rough edge. After speaking with Came, I shipped the gimbal back to them and they have sent me a new one. Unfortunately, the new one has the same problem. Now they say that the joystick broke in transport and they want me to send the gimbal back again. It costs me 150$-170$ to ship it each time...

I think that the gimbal would be great for the price if it worked. But sending it back and forth for reparations is too expensive and takes weeks of my time...

• Same sort of issues I experienced with my Mini, and that is the reason why I opted for a refund the first time I sent it back.

• The wires close to the joystick were a bit damaged; they go through a hole that has a pretty rough edge. After speaking with Came, I shipped the gimbal back to them and they have sent me a new one. Unfortunately, the new one has the same problem. Now they say that the joystick broke in transport and they want me to send the gimbal back again. It costs me 150$-170$ to ship it each time...

Can you make photos or short video about this issue?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev There is a video link in my message. The problem starts at 0:50.
    Here you can see the hole and the damaged wires (first gimbal). However, the second gimbal they have sent me didn't have any apparent damages in the wires, just the same behaviour as the first gimbal... The camera tilts down and stays there. I can pan with the joystick, but I can't tilt.