Personal View site logo
UK: Equality
  • According to Kevin Cahill, the main driver behind the absurd expense of owning land and property in Britain is that so much of the nation's land is locked up by a tiny elite. Just 0.3% of the population – 160,000 families – own two thirds of the country. Less than 1% of the population owns 70% of the land, running Britain a close second to Brazil for the title of the country with the most unequal land distribution on Earth.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • It is a pity that the morons from my country do not read this...

• It is a pity that the morons from my country do not read this...

What you mean exactly?

• The land ownership is only a tip of an iceberg. Inequality in general is deeply embedded in the sovereign capitalist slavery system of the UK. It's a jungle, except not for the survival of the fittest but those best equipped to deal with the menace of the 99%. It's a totally warped caricature of existence. It feeds on people's misery. The prevailing motto of the 1% is "people are people - let's use them whilst we can". They feed us with dog's-meat and educate our children to bark at each other for them. Sad as it is, we need to realise that it doesn't take that much to unite through love and compassion and use much more effective weaponry than what they have. However, as long as we are stuck in our dog-shit comfort zone nothing will change.

• Inequality in general is deeply embedded in the sovereign capitalist slavery system of the UK. It's a jungle, except not for the survival of the fittest but those best equipped to deal with the menace of the 99%.

Well, sometimes you just need to read theory that is proved by practice :-)

Owners who are getting margin and workers can't be equal.

And also use less idealistic philosophy ideas.

• " What you mean exactly?" I mean those who are fascinated by: monarchy, liberalization of the economy, lack of public health care ...

• I mean those who are fascinated by: monarchy, liberalization of the economy, lack of public health care ...

It is not very much different in other old developed countries.

Some have more complex systems, but it is always minority who control land and real estate.

• But I do not live in such a country and I do not want to live. Too many people gave their lives for my country (your people, too) to reproduce the mistakes of others.

• But I do not live in such a country and I do not want to live

Do you have statistics (land and real estate ownership) for your country?

• I do not know, but I know a few initiatives to change perpetual lease of land to the right of ownership for owners of apartments in Warsaw. This can be very dangerous in the future when the poor become poorer and the rich get richer