Personal View site logo
Video recorder, Prores, H265 and a palm size computer from 1.395 EUR
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • What's substantially wrong is someone asking potential customers for thousands of euros for a product/product line but when questioned about simple matters, shrugs them off as inconvenient, caricatures to replace simple answers, and buzz's off, leaving the real taste of what customer care can be like if one's problems won't fit your set of answers. 3000 euros is a lot a money for an ice-cream and a kick in the butt. Advise: if you believe the technology in your hands is worth it, sell the product line to someone who can handle it and take a long vacation.

• @GOODYES

I must apologize for not being respectful for your hard work.

OK now feedback time, please don't take my devices on the offensive way they are not, just my sincere point of view.

My impression is first get read of the windows 8.1 tag that is not nice in any way, if your software runs on win8.1 just hide the windows part, and develop some easy to use touch interface, there are plenty to get inspired from. As a user I want to turn the power on and work, no intermediate process, Advice keep it as simple as possible for the end user.

Honestly as good as your product may be, wont go very far without the point above addressed.

Second design I understand that you're in development state, but you need a some logos that feels attractive and if the box must be big than use this big size in you favor and put some added value to it, maybe some XLR inputs with very good preamps inside, maybe included WIFI transmitter for preview, interchangeable SSD slot, memory slots to make a smaller size backup copy, in case of disk corruption, some kind of dock to power other devices, you have to use that size in you favor. Or people will go for smaller less heavier options.

Maybe your selling point is a very specific target only, but for most of us those points above are essential. Even though there are good possible uses for this system, but not for the majority of us.

For me an Atomos ninja star with a small preview screen 4k prores 10bit 4:2:2 60p capable, small, light, cheap media, and long battery life is the way to go but there is a world out there.

Best of luck

• lighter options are welcome true, true

even though, horsepower in a single editing/grading portable workstation for the weight and size of a tablet is a milestone... can anyone point me out for a similar one out there?!

ah sure, YOU don't need one, I forgot that one... but what the hell you know about my needs BTW?!