Personal View site logo
Personal View FOTGA Video Contest
  • 49 Replies sorted by
  • Hello, here is "The Engineer" a short film made by my brother and I for the Personal View FOTGA Video contest. Shot on a Canon 7D, hacked GH2 (kit lens, Flowmotion) and a very old std. def. Sony handicam with night vision. Hope you enjoy.

• Here's a short I made for Valentine's Day. Shot on the Pocket Camera.

• Hello,

Could you clarify when exactly is deadline? What time and timezone? I need to figure out how much time I have for video editing.

Thanks!

• Could you clarify when exactly is deadline? What time and timezone? I need to figure out how much time I have for video editing.

March 1.

• In January we made a commercial video for an high precision machining company, after seeing the contest we decided to make a second video with a narrative structure and a more emotional impact. This is the result of our effort, we hope you enjoy it! Shot with Blackmagic Cinema Camera and Dji Ronin.

• In december we started our social project, called "Ukraine. Faces." It's a stories about ordinary peoples. So, it's a first part about Yuriy Mykhalchuk from Lviv.

• My entry. A gorgeous wedding I shot in at the San Francisco Marriott.

• I was hired to document the "narrative arc" that students go through during this highly rigorous Yoga Teacher Training course. Students practice and study from 5:45am to 3:30pm six days a week for a month to get certified in this system of yoga (Knoff Yoga). It's no bullshit, a lot of hard work, plenty of tears, and was an absolute privilege to be able to spend a month filming in their studio and capture their stories. I felt a bit like Monet in the ballet studio, just getting to focus on bodies in motion and in poses. It was the best project I've had the pleasure of working on, and doing two-camera interviews was really helped by having the hacked GH2.

My gear:

• Panasonic GH3

• Panasonic GH2 with the No Adverse Affects patch (big thanks to mpgxsvcd)

• 2 Lumix pancake lenses (14 and 20), an Olympus 45mm, an SLR Magic 35mm Cine II, and a Rokinon fish-eye lens

• A Zoom H4n and Giant Squid lavs for interviews

• Rode Video Mic with a DIY (fake fur) Dead Cat!

• Manfrotto tripod with video fluid-head, hand-held stabilizer, tripod skate with monopod as a handle, Gorillapod

• Rotolights Interview lights

Edited in Premiere. Motion graphics in After Effects. Color correction using Color Finesse in After Effects.

• Hey everyone this my short film 'More Wine?' Which I have just finished.

How difficult is it to meet someone for the first time over dinner? To make conversation? To be engaging? Who is this person your talking too? Though maybe more importantly, who are you?

• My second entry for the contest. The real slumkids of this dumpyard have performed in this short. The mountains seen in the backdrop are actually mounds of garbage piled up. This is one of the biggest dumpyards of India and I have seen these kids pick up disposed syringes with their bare hands and collecting them in their sack. They drink packed up water in plastic sheets as seen in the film which are sold for a premium as fresh water inside this streach of dumpyard is impossible to get. It would take a 3-4 kilometer walk outside to do that. Most of the elder kids are drug addicts (brown sugar, Heroin) and it is indeed a sad state of affairs.This is a no access area by the government as rampant child labor is openly done here. With the help of a particular local influential man, me and my team could manage a day of shooting in this area. The results could have been much better with more rehearsals and added days of shoot available to us but i am still content that i could shoot in this real backdrop as i had envisioned. Panel please note: Animals as mentioned in evaluation are seen in the film multiple times.

Thanks!

• Note - we have only slightly more than two days left.

Match 1 will be last day of acceptance of entries.

• Hello,

Here is my entry.

Film made special for Personal View and Fotga contest

Cameras: Lumix GH2 (hacked) Olimpus OMD-10

Lenses: - Helios m44 (using Fotga converter M42-M4/3) - Lumix 14-140 mm - Lumix 20 mm, 1.7

I hope video will be processed in time. We are going to create english subs on the next week.

• My video will be on too shortly

• This is a short documentary created especially for the winter video contest. Seriously. I kicked around several narrative fiction ideas for the contest that kept getting too big for their britches. I was at my wit's end when a friend told me about a recent experience he'd had. I interviewed him Monday and got a bit more b-roll on Friday. I'm a newcomer to photography and cinematography. This is my second project ever, and my first documentary.

• Shot for the contest

• Hi, this is my "Journey Into Sound", the story I decided to tell.

A journey into ourselves, through the deep vibrations of the most resonant instrument in the World.

It took several days of shooting in the middle of the great Italian Alps between January and February 2015.

I used Hacked GH2 (DREWnet T9) + Anamorphic. Enjoy!

• @joshmd

Do not see your video before deadline, sorry.

Entries are no longer accepted. Give me a week or around it to check all entries and post results.

• So, results.

First place. Lootera. @Albi

Second place. Pleasant Stay Hotel. @tyflowers

Third place. Casavecchia The Movie. @andrea85

• Thank you so much !!

• Congrats-all 3 films were really well done! Great prizes - thanks @VK for hosting this contest.

• Thanks for voting my video, I'm very pleased to receive this honour!

• Congratulations to winners, enjoy prizes =)
    Wisely chosen @VK ,-)

• Congratulations to the three winners - very nicely done! Good luck with your future film projects. Thanks Vitaliy for the contest.