Personal View site logo
Singapore Selfies
  • Many times I have visited Singapore already on business trips, a lovely city in the heart of Asia. It exhibits an interesting contrast - the skyline feels like a cold, future extraterrestrial space, whereas the streets are crowded with lovely people who enjoy shopping, dining outside and just hanging around at street corners.

On all these trips I did some filming, but the ends never came together. The last two times it was different, as I discovered a theme which would bridge the contrast - the selfie's. Never, in any other city did I see so many people making cell phone pictures of themselves and relatives in front of the futuristic skyline.

And in the end that was the connection between the people and the futuristic skyline.

Let me know what you think!

Music by Lights and Motion "Fireflies", licenced from the Music Bed

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

All shot on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera in RAW, graded in DaVinci Resolve. Lenses used: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 and a Rokinon 85mm T1.5 on the Metabones BMPCC Speedbooster. Timelapses with a GoPro 4 black edition.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • great color correction and framing! did you steal all the poses or they were aware of you shooting?

• I have to admit that I was stealing all the poses ;-) But thats easy in an environment were everything and everybody is about making photos.

• One of the best candid videos I have seen posted on Personal View.

• Thanks Caveport for your comment!