Personal View site logo
Mark Knopfler (feat. Ruth Moody) -- Wherever I go
  • Hello to you!

I never posted anything here on personal view, but I've been reading quietly and learning gratefully from a lot of you guys for years. Thanks to all the good advices, patches, technical mumbo jumbo and the community (I never took part of) I was able to work on several projects, little videos, a short film and music videos. This is my first video I'm confident enough to share and throw into the shark infested waters. It was part of a creative invite by the old man himself. I've admired him for a long time and this was my chance to maybe give back a bit. I had two weeks to do this, wish I had more time for editing. I know I've made a couple rookie mistakes, but nevertheless I'm proud. Because I probably would not have made this without this forum, it should also be here. Thanks to Vitaliy, Driftwood and a lot of others! Enjoy

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • So you know MK ? Oh that's enough to make you a lucky man :) I'm a long time fan of the ex band leader of Dire Straits and I'm going to see one of his concerts this summer. Your video has the same delicate balance of MK voice and notes, congratulations. I liked the plot and the color correction. There's a couple of things that in my opinion didn't fit well: the heart attack is too much explicit, you could skip the theatrical moment and let the viewer understand what happened; second the phone call too is much too straightforward in timeline, the guy sitting on his desk could be aware of the death since the beginning, remembering the ast and deciding to give away the drawings in the end.