Motionnine Cages
  • BMPCC one

GH4 one

• 22 Replies sorted by
  • Any chance of a deals for this?

• Any chance of a deals for this?

Yes, of course. :-)

• Thanks Vitaliy,

I was looking for a cage specifically for the GH4, so far this looks like the best cage yet for the GH4. I like the fact that you can mount rails on the top (with optional rails) and also that it is built out of a solid piece of aluminum. Plus it has a whole bunch of of 1/4 20 mounting points for accessories.

The Honu cage is decent for the price but looks cheap and is cheap, then we have the Varavon which IMO is overpriced for what it offers. If the Varavon was around $175.00 then I guess it would be ok for what it does, the Varavon does not look very flexible in terms of mounting points for accessories and IMO the Honu Cage is probably better functionality wise.

The motion9 cage looks like it will work out great and is priced accordingly for what you are getting very nice indeed.

• I agree, this cage is nice. I"m waiting for a review.

• @aldolega - That cage is very poor due to it offsetting the lens, etc.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev - Do you know when this will go for sale on personal-view?

• Do you know when this will go for sale on personal-view?

Must be soon, I had been in touch with them for quite long time.

• Canon 5D Mk III one

sales11.jpg
    655 x 580 - 49K
    sales12.jpg
    600 x 748 - 64K
  • Hi, this looks to be a fantastic cage. Did anyone get one? I'm especially interested in how good the battery pack is, any feedback is appreciated.

Are there any options to buy the A7s version?

• I'm especially interested in how good the battery pack is, any feedback is appreciated.

Where you see here battery pack?

• I agree, it would be nice to see the A7s version here!

• Got it. We'll add new cages and battery things to deals soon. Must be next week.

• I recently wrote an article on the Motion9 GH4 cube cage which can be found here! Hope this help. http://www.redsharknews.com/production/item/2359-motion9-cube-cage-gh4-armor-made-to-fit

• I see that motion9 has a battery pack solution, and in the deal section it seems to suggest it comes with the package?

Included: Cage with cable fix part, top handle, "special battery" and camera base (in full set).

Unless I read wrong about that. Being the A7s has poor battery life, an external battery solution would be welcome, and it seems motion9 has one that integrates with their cages. I hope we can see a motion9 A7s cage package for members soon :)

• @CapionStudio Thanks for the review. It helped a lot. You called attention to the issue of the inconvenient thumb recess at the right side and indeed, in the M9 video I noticed how cumbersome that would be. Unfortunate, especially that it is so easy to redesign that section of the cage to make it much more convenient to access the back wheel. I think I'll look at other makes now.

• might seem strange but one of the more useful features of motionnine is the ability to attach accessories via the threaded holes. My own has a large bubble level attached to the top which greatly assists levelling setups for shots. Being cast, motionnine is level top and bottom, which means the bubble is showing what is happening at the base mount of the camera.

• As an FYI, I received an update from Motion9 that their external battery pack solution for the A7s allows approximately 3 hours of runtime per charge.

• I'll try to add new stuff later today, you can just sent me PM about interesting item.

• I just received from Motionnine their nato top handle. Excellent service, 4 days from S Korea to San Francisco. The handle is an excellent product. Good design and quality manufacturing. It adds a lot of functionality to my HONU cage for the GH4. If you are considering a high quality NATO style quick release handle, such as the Wooden Camera product, you should seriously consider the handle from Motionnine

• The A7S cage still isn't on the deals site. Any clues of it's arrival? Thanks!

• The A7S cage still isn't on the deals site. Any clues of it's arrival? Thanks!

I'll try to add on Monday.