Personal View site logo
Cheap SD-Card Shootout (vs SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s for GH2; GH1; GF1)
  • Hey @all! I was searching for a cheap alternative to the SanDisk 45MB/s Extreme Cards for use with Flowmotion v.2.02 on my GH2. I made a list which I will update now and then. I mostly also check for performance using the Fast-action 3GOP on GF1 and the Reliable In-Camera-Playback patch for the GH1. I used the "Death Screens" and also checked for spanning on those cards.

!image

Hope this helps, Cheers

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Good thing is that more and more cheap speedy cards become available.

But many need good modern controllers in camera for full speed.

• PNY Elite 64 or 128

• @Vitaly_Kiselev Yes, It's a very promising evolution taking place, just a bit sad that the GH2 can not fully use the speed of cheap modern cards and only reliably works with the highest quality patches on the SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s and the Extreme Pro 95MB/s. For Sanity 5.1, Sanity X, Valkyrie444 and flowmotion 2.02 some other cheap options do exist, we just have to find them. Currently I don't have the time for that, but I'll keep looking and posting my results. @DrDave do the Moon patches work with that card?

• I don't know what you consider cheap but the samsung pro 64gb is now at $55. My sustained speeds are showing 88 read and 74 write. No issues so far.

• Oh, cool! did you test it in a production situation, did it span? what settings did you use?