Personal View site logo
Aputure Amaran LED AL-198C and AL-H198C with adjustable color
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • The problem is that the spigot won't come off from the light stand (I tried real hard).

I just figured I might need something like this: http://www.thomann.de/fi/manfrotto_026_lite_tite_swiveling_adapte.htm

In that picture, on the top side, there's a hole that I can attach the spigot into. I wouldn't want to pay that much for this product though, it's way more than I paid for the stand!

If anybody knows an alternative solution, I'm happy to hear.

• @duckpark:

Oh. Ok. You need the other way around ^^. Hmm. The adapter you linked to (in your last meassage) will work. As the small LED light adapter (with the 1/4" mounting hole) also fit´s in flash shoe mounts. So you can use such a tilting adapter with a flash mount on top. (You could even use an umbrella that way - Also nice to have ^^.)

Btw.: Just search for "umbrella svivel adapter" (over Ebay or Amazon). These adapters normaly have a flash shoe adapter on top. (And a female 5/8" mounting hole on the bottom ...) And they start at just a few bucks.

You could also use a normal standard ballhead adapter. (If you light stands are equipped with a 1/4" stud / screw on top.) BUT: It´s easier and faster with the umbrella svivel adapters ...

LG

• @Tscheckoff Thanks a lot! I appreaciate you for taking the time to help me.

• The Aputure H198C produces beautiful light. It's really a joy to use. I had no problems inserting a Sony NP-F970 battery into the Aputure H198C . The on-board battery indicator is very useful. The ability to change colour temperature on the unit is a huge plus! Highly recommended! Worth every penny!

• I am also very happy with the H198C and also have had no issues with other Sony batteries.

@Vitaliy When I ordered this light (the C version), it did not come with a diffusion filter. I see that is listed now as included. I've searched but cannot find a lead to purchase just a stand alone filter for this light. Any leads on your end?

• I see that is listed now as included. I've searched but cannot find a lead to purchase just a stand alone filter for this light. Any leads on your end?

Manufacturer can change contents wit time. I'll check on their current package.

• @Vitaliy Greatly appreciated!

• Are there any tools available to turn those LEDs into real spots?

• I would love a tungsten diffusion filter for this light if it is possible to order one.