Personal View site logo
Gh4 4k 30 fps studder
  • Im getting a studder in slUHDow pans shooting in shutter priority with my shutter set at 60. I filmed in same way using P mode and it was fine. I know program mode isnt desirable because of floating shutter speeds but I used the 360 rule and was displeased with results. I tested at 4k UHD 100 bites 29.970 with very slow pan and shutter at 60 and it studders. Any thoughts?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • My 30P 4k videos stutters in monitor but are silky smooth in TV (motion smoothing on).

You can reduce stutter by:

-slower shutter

-soft background

-slower pan

-reduce sharpness and contrast (not helping much)

-using frame interpolation (Motion enhancements in TV or computer)

-sometimes player drops frames and looks like stutter.

-P mode uses higher shutter in bright light, it is not good for 30P.

• thank you for responding. I looked at my footage after I burned a blu ray using vegas pro 12. so i saw it on my television it actually looked fine in preview window in vegas. I wonder if its a sony vegas issue. ill try lowering the shutter speed and see what happens thank you. What speed would you recommend

• You can try anything between 1/30-1/60s. I have got very good results in dark places at 1/30s. If you want to stabilize in post 1/60 or even higher is better. You must test yourself and understand what is best for different situations and what are of pros/cons.