Personal View site logo
Focus problem with my Panasonic 14-140 lens & Panasonic GH2
  • I have been using my GH2 exclusively for video 2 yrs. Normally when I begin to shoot I move in as close as I can get with the lens zoomed as far as it will go, focus, and then zoom the lens as wide as it will go and then begin shooting. I never have to focus again. I can walk in or out and focus remains sharp, just as you would get from a cine lens. Something happened yesterday while filming, and I don't know what. After setting my focus if I move the focus is blurry, unless I maintain the exact distance at which it was focused. I have been through the menu and the manual, I can not figure out what has happened. LENS: normally set OIS - OFF. I tried ON, same result. CAMERA: FOCUS MODE set at AFS, but no difference if set at AFC. AUTO FOCUS MODE DIAL set at 1 area. Makes no difference where set anyhow. It seems to me this is purely a mechanical issue, either the lens is working properly or not, should not have anything to do with the camera settings. Any ideas???

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • sure you didnt just always have a very closed iris and this time its wide open? i.e. smaller focal range? just a shot in the dark here.

• No, I nearly always shoot indoors with f/4 to 5. I have messed with it ALL day, I suspect the lens.