Personal View site logo
Panasonic LX100 camera topic
  • 566 Replies sorted by
  • Ikelite housing on this camera would be really nice! I signed up for the email notification. Hope they get something for sale by next spring.

• @karl

No need for copy of email adverts here.

• From ikelite.com:

We're hoping to offer a housing to support this model and are currently in the early prototyping stages.

We're excited about this camera model and are planning to offer a housing to support it. Based on current estimates, we hope to have this camera in our hands by the end of November. At that time we will know whether this camera operates in an existing product, or whether it will require a new housing. Development of a new housing is typically completed within 4-8 weeks after we obtain the camera.

• Awesome news, time to process some Raws!

• Good News: Adobe Lightroom 5.7 released and now supports LX100 !

Download Lightroom 5.7 for Windows http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5853

• @havasuvideo: Why not use WiFi to control the aerial filming, while the 4k recording goes to the SD-card?

• OK, so this is just like what Pansonic has done in the past; GH4 w/HDMI out, LX100, no HDMI out. Was hoping to use the LX100 for aerial filming because it's a lot lighter than the GH4. And cheaper-of course. Thanks Vitaliy-I have a LOT of "catching up" to do.....

• It is possible with a Firmware Hack, to allow HDMI out, while filming video?

On your place I won't count on it.

• Haven't posted in a few years, but am still around. If this has already been answered-forgive me. It is possible with a Firmware Hack, to allow HDMI out, while filming video? Thanks

• DPReview of LX100: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx100

Conclusion: "I'd consider it the best photographers' cameras on the market and probably the best zoom compact ever made."

It gets the same numerical score as the GH4 (85%), and the Gold Award. But mistakenly claims the LX100 shoots at a lower bitrate in 4K (it does not). I posted a response on the site, and they removed the mistaken statement.

• you would need to be able to enter Japanese text to gain access, or I suppose NFC might work.

• Very very good idea !!! I'll try it today...

Thnx bannedindv :)

• There was someone asking about the language on the Japanese model LX100...

I had an idea about this. What if you managed to turn Wifi on for the camera, and connect to it via the LUMIX app, then control the settings of the camera using your English or other language App over Wifi... Won't change the menu language but will let you alter settings if you don't read Japanese.

• Thank you again for your confirnation :(

• With an original firmware, it will be possible with PTool ?

I hope you can read. I already answered your question.

• Last question : with an original firmware, it will be possible with PTool ?

Thnx...

• How to change menu language on LX100 (japanese model) ?

I think I answered you - it is impossible.

• How to change menu language on LX100 (japanese model) ?

My wife bought the LX100 directly from Japan and now cannot operate the menu which is only in Japanese. I am looking to find desperately the solution.

Until now, didn't find, I will be regretful for such link, otherwise it was a big mistake.

Changing menu language for JP models is possible for Sony RX100:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/rx100/discuss/72157636828009223/

I hope it will be possible for Panasonic LX100 JP model.

A screen capture of my LX100:

partage photo gratuit

I'm a new member. Wonderful site... Thanks for what you're doing...

Thanks for helping / advising, Chatxxnoir.

• It was mentioned before that 43mm filters are actually mountable on the LX100, here's an example with a (cheap) pole filter mounted on my LX100:

lx100_with_pole_filter.jpg
    1305 x 1080 - 1M
  • @Vesku. I would expect that can be the case, as I'm pretty sure the GH4 has a newer sensor. Interesting though.

• @tosvus

APS-C 24Mpix Nikon5200 has worse IQ in iso3200 than GH4. So more pixels and bigger sensor is not always helping. I think that NX1 IQ is phenomenal.

Sorry for offtopic.

gh4-nikon5200.jpg
    1146 x 1279 - 504K
  • @Vesku - It's fairly obvious that a camera with a higher resolution will yield better detail, and that a larger sensor helps with low light (and even if each pixel may be smaller, the overall surface and resolution means downsampling will still yield better quality).

As markr041 said, this does not have much meaning in terms of video though :)