Personal View site logo
Most overused music from movies and series
  • While watching a documentary on television, I heard one of a few musical pieces from a movie that has been borrowed so many times, that it loses its power. I have a few that I know from the top of my head, and was wondering if others have the same experience. It's possible that these are not overused in your region of the world, if so, enjoy, because they are beautiful. :-)

In no specific order:

From Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (Amélie): Comptine d'Un Autre Été (this is the longer version)

From Requiem for a Dream: Theme

From Dexter: Blood Theme

Please share yours, as well!

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Verve - bittersweet symphony

• @Retina Yeah its the music video. Not a bad song actually, just really overplayed.
  • More classical, overused for commercials:

Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet: Montagues and Capulets (the famous part start at 1:33)

Beautiful and bombastic.
  • And some real classics, as in, classical pieces overused for film and television:
    Used in The Elephant Man and Platoon, now used to jerk tears in many a crappy documentary:

Samuel Barber: Adagio for Strings:
  • This one was used for a lot of trailers:

From Aliens: 17. Bishop's Countdown

(now I feel like working out! :-D )
  • @Ptchaw: Now that's what I'm talking about! Is this the original? I don't understand the story, too bad, it started out interesting. :-)
  • I still cringe everytime I hear this. 'Played' to death, by Rob Dougan.

• @Retina Yeah that was the first really sad news of the year, he was such an amazing talent. A true chameleon with his ability to blend into any role. Heck even Steven Spielberg called Postlethwaite "the best actor in the world" once....The cinema world lost a great talent this year....for those who don't know who we are talking about see link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Postlethwaite

• This one I hear in all kinds of variations...

• @No_SuRReNDeR: I loved that movie, watched it in the theater, looks pretty corny in retrospect! :-D RIP Pete Postlethwaite...
  • Personal favorite of mine is the theme from "DragonHeart" by Randy Eldeman , which gets used allot....Hard to believe it came from a strange morality play fantasy flick....epic music ....gives me chills at about 3mins you'll recognize the part that gets used allot...