Personal View site logo
Official GX1 hack development topic
  • 363 Replies sorted by
  • Thank you Vitaliy!

• anyone know a good hack to load on the gx1?? I'm currently using galaxian but it freezes the camera when I try looking at in camera files kind of annoying.

• Btw, Ptool fixes will be release soon, sorry for delays and mad life lately.

• I am very excited expecting new PTOOL to be released. Success Vitaliy.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev We know they come when they come, and we're all grateful for your hard work!

Out of curiousity though, will some form of manual mode for the GX1 be in this upcoming release? Or only a future one?

• @yskunto

I am sorry guys, I owe you updated version. Working on it.

• Thanks Vitaliy

• Hi, I just hacked my gx-1 and now my computer cant display my mp4's. I did tweak the AVCHD settings a bit. Can any one help? Is there a way to unhack it?

• Actually, now I think I bricked my camera... When I go into playback mode, the camera freezes even when I turn it off... Help??? And thank you Vitaliy for the quick reply!!

• its not bricked you just cant view playbacks and when you do you have to take the battery out when it freezes. I know it sucks maybe the new firmware will fix this I don't know

• Hi! My GX1 after updating firmware do not play mp4 video files on camera screen. In the begining it was with higher audio bitrate only. Now if I will use standart audio and video setting for mp4 still not play.

In PC I can play these files. But for me better if mp4 will be like in original firmware and will play in camera also. Do you have any ideas?

AVCHD files playing well on standard and higher bitrates. For more important records I can use this codec.

• Guys, is the camera unlocked in video mode now? Can we adjust the shutter and F stop during recording?

• djhessler: nope

• thanks @intrinsic3d I thought it was done, I sold mine and thought I was gonna have to get another one, I really love the size it's just the video issue.

• Please forgive a silly newbie question. I'm looking to get live view video out of the HDMI port when I am not recording or taking pictures. Any bit rate or frame rate will do, I just want to be able to get an HD image on an external monitor to assist me in setting up a telescope.

I tried this with my Oly EPL-5 and it's dumb. As soon as it sees the monitor it goes into playback mode.

I'll buy a GX1 to replace the EPL5 if this is possible with either the native firmware or one of the hacks.

(I've tried googling various camera reviews and have not found an answer if this is possible)

If the GX1 is not the right camera for this, I'd appreciate suggestions for any other micro 4/3 camera to try.

• "I have been reading the different messages everywhere and come to the conclusion that the now extremely cheap US GX1 NTSC version for the moment cannot be hacked to PAL?? (PAL/NTSC is greyed out) Is there any work done on this? or news on the progress of this issue? Hans" news for this problem?

where can I download version 2 Galaxian? Please thanks

• What is the best settings for GX1 (AVCHD 1080 29.97)? Galaxian 2? Camera is NTSC (Japan), but I am live in Russia. I use Sony Vegas Pro 12. Anybody use converting to 24p from 29.97? How can I switch PAL-NTSC in GX1(options not active in camera past hacking)?

• Dear Vitaliy Do you anticipate releasing update for GX1 and G3 patch anytime soon? Thanks Grim7

• @grim7

I have no date. I tried to fix GX1 issue two times, one failed and another did not finished completely.

• First I want to say thank you sir Vitaliy, my gx1 just being moooore awesome with ptool. I hacked my GH1 too long time ago, and it's super duper sharp in daylight, although it was dead when i accidentally drop it to the saltwater last week(phew)

I'm not be able to donate for you since i dont have paypal or cc. I just can say thanks a lot to you, and hope you always healthy and far away from any trouble in your life (okay that makes me like an 8yr boy)

but seriously, thank you sir. If you travel to my city Jakarta i would like treat you Beer just like jakartaguy :D

sorry for my bad english.

• Thank you for trying Vitaliy, really appreciate the efforts

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev thank you for a hint of the new PTOOL in progress. I hope your unfinished second method could solve the GX1 stability problems. I really curious on what would be offered by the new PTOOL. It will fuel more interest in this community definitely. Success Vitaliy!

• Hello, can anyone tell me if this hack will enable video output when recording ?

• Currently, there is no hack that will enable video output from Lumix G2, G3, GF1, GF2, GF3, GX1, and GH1. The only Lumix capable of doing HDMI video output during recording through hack is the GH2. Only GH3 and GH4 that has HDMI video output by default from the factory.

Most modern Lumix such as GH3, GH4, G6, GF6, LX100, and FZ1000 are featuring WiFi connection. You might able to monitor video recording through WiFi connection from your Android or iPhone. You might also able to control the video shoot through your smartphone. If it is the case, then your onboard mic will not pick up sound during changing camera setting since you do it through your smartphone.

Goodluck!