Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @konjow I measured mine and I'm pretty sure it is at least 21mm on the thinnest part of the curve.

• Thank you very much @anti12 thats very good news

• This is a question for owners of the Version 1 of the Lens Turbo (the one without the tripod foot): Does your copy of the lens turbo suffer from the blue dot problem when looking into bright light sources while stopped down?

• @Boncrek

Small tip, you can click on page name and read topic from the start.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I did read it and only some persons mentioned it while others say they didn't see it at all. So I decided to ask.

• I did read it and only some persons mentioned it while others say they didn't see it at all. So I decided to ask.

Well, cool absence of logic.

• @Boncrek For what its worth, I have the 2nd version, the one that came with the tripod foot, and I see it a little bit. Its not bad, but Ill see it if I look for it.

• @Boncrek mine (without the tripod foot) hardly shows any blue dot. When you look for it you find 'something' but it's far from serious.

• Hi, I bought the EOS focal reducer last month direct from RJ before finding this thread (I presume that would be the new version). Can I check if I can get the tripod collar only? They don't seem to list it on their website...

• i'm using mine with gh2 and tokina 11-16 and sigma 70-200. Except for the obvious problems at the widest angle (supersoft borders and vignetting) the center of the frame is significantly sharper and more contrasted.

• @joethepro @brudney do you guys have any still images showing the blue dot even if it is just a little? I just want to see if it is something I could live with for client work.

• Example of blue dot, situated under the tree: https://500px.com/photo/86181851/

• Is it possible to use the rj lens turbo i use on my gh2 with the bm cinema camera 2,5k mft?

• Sure. The sensor of the BM is a bit smaller than MFT, so no problem.

• then why the metabones makes two different models?

• Because the BlackMagic sensor is smaller than a standard m4/3 sensor.

• @giuliobottini

As far as I remember they made one for Pocket, where sensor is smallest.

• I am not sure anymore, but if i do remember well the gh2 and blackmagic have different flange focal distance and that's the reason for the two models. since the rj lens does not make different models i started doubting...

• but if i do remember well the gh2 and blackmagic have different flange focal distance and that's the reason for the two models.

You are just wrong. Both are made for m43 mount, flange distance is same. Sensors are different in size. Period.

• This is great! thanks!

• I bought the RJ lens turbo, and with my canon FD 35 and 28mm, I could see the blue point when I filmed in outside only. But I was looking for how I could stop the blue point, and when I put my ND filter ( that is 2 pola filters) the blue point disappears. see pictures

no ND filter.JPG
    2000 x 1125 - 685K
    with ND filter.JPG
    2000 x 1125 - 535K
  • I got one of these off eBay. I feel stupid but I think I got my nikon lens stuck on there? I am not sure if I didn't mount it correctly but after it snapped into place it won't come off. There was no instructions of course. Any help?

• @designatedmedia push the Silver Pin towards the Camera to unlock the Lens from the Adapter

• (don't forget Nikons twist the other way! :-) )

• The lens release lever won't move in any direction. Is it possible to mis-mount a lens where it won't unlock?