Personal View site logo
Tascam DR-10C - recorder for lavaliers
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • A little disappointed it's not closer to the $100 mark, I would've bought two at that price. Hard to see how they can command the same price as a DR-60 with so few components included in the design.

It is just very small market niche and may be some premium added. Compared to good lavalier price + wireless set it is really cheap :-)

• A little disappointed it's not closer to the $100 mark, I would've bought two at that price. Hard to see how they can command the same price as a DR-60 with so few components included in the design. If Tascam really wants to innovate in this space they should package a DR-60 with two of these and add a wireless timecode sync feature. They could charge $500 for the package and sell a million of them. For now I'll wait for price drops.

• I was waiting for it, too, even though their price is a mystery.

I think we had reference for price in corresponding topic, it is >$350 as I remember.

• Backup attenuated track is great! It's a shame that Jucedlink seems to be late on their release schedule. I was waiting for it, too, even though their price is a mystery.

There are no pictures of its rear side. Does it have a belt-clip?

• According to Tom Duffy at Tascam, this will ship in November at price of $199.

• This is great... I've been waiting for Juicedlink to release their LittleDARling, but the release time frame of summer has passed, and they're still working on it.

• @Sph1nxster The Sennheiser is 1/8" so that may work. I had similar situation with using a Tram TR-50 lav mic prepped for Sennheiser wireless pack with 1/8" plug. I wanted to use it with my Roland R-05 recorder. I called Tram and asked if I could run mic by plugging it into regular recorder, and they said they couldn't recommend, but tried it and it's worked perfectly for over a year. So maybe if your Olympus is 1/8" plug it would work on Tascam model with Sennheiser 1/8" input. Maybe call Tascam or Olympus to check if mic or recorder would be damaged.

• Very practical device. Not sure I like the auto gain, if it's not well calibrated it will cause audible pumping effect. Nonetheless, the initiative should be applauded, hope the pres are clean.

• Two models for Lectrosonics and Sennheiser mics, option packs for Shure, Sony, and RAMSA

Of course specific, as connectors are specific. But you can buy third party converters if such exist for your mike.

• Don't understand the.specific models for specific mikes? What if you have olympus mics?

• Wow, need this product ASAP. Can't seem to find a price announcement anywhere though :(