Personal View site logo
Cheaper alternative to SmallHD DP4-EVF?
  • I'm looking for a moderately sized HDMI monitor, that doubles as an EVF -- like the SmallHD DP4-EVF, but I don't want to spend that much. There seem to be a lot of great affordable monitors coming from manufacturers in Asia, as seen in the deals here, but I haven't come across one with the EVF loupe attachment, yet.

The other important parameter for me is that it doesn't chew through batteries, like so many monitors oddly do.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • F&V has small EVF that they must sell soon

• Yes, that one looks very nice, but costs even more than the DP4-EVF! Really, I'm just looking for an affordable 3.5"-5" monitor that comes with removable viewfinder loupe, that's good quality, and doesn't eat through batteries... Good monitors can be had for $250 here, and good viewfinders can be found elsewhere for $100-$200. Why has no one combined the two into a sub-$450 product?

• Good monitors can be had for $250 here, and good viewfinders can be found elsewhere for $100-$200. Why has no one combined the two into a sub-$450

Only cheap viewfinder I know is not good. Good optics cost is >$100 (much more in resulting price) in EVF you can use for long.